KDS 19" Monitor - quick caps question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDS 19" Monitor - quick caps question.

I have a dearth of 25v caps, and I have a monitor that I _think_ has bad caps (It's a KDS monitor with the Xunda caps).

While I order the right caps to use, does anyone think there'd be a problem with my hooking up 16v caps to the 25 volt to see if the system powers up and stays up?

K917S / 900P

Right now, it just flashes a picture, then it goes blank. I've read that other KDS monitors with similar symptoms had bad caps - these aren't blown.

Right now, it has 6 470uF, 25v, 1cm caps, and 1 220uF, 25v, 8mm cap.

(plus a bunch of 6.3mm caps)

All I have in 25v are 12.5mm, 1000uF caps, and 1cm 330uF caps.

I have plenty of caps in 16v to shoehorn in for testing.

Note: This would NOT be to leave in permanently. This would ONLY be to find out if the unit powers up properly.

Re: KDS 19" Monitor - quick caps question.

Power it up with the old caps, measure the voltages across each cap and decide.

Comment

Too late. I've recapped three monitors - two were totally toasted (the repair shop then said that even he could resurrect. I'm suspecting lots of surface mount component failure).

The third is now a 'spare' screen. Nice screen - that someone used a rag to clean and put blue stripes across the lcd with too much pressure.

Comment

My 19" KDS runs like a top.. bought it at a university auction for cheap too.
        Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Working...
        X