Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recapping MSI 845 PRO

Hello,
    Hos I bring a small story of a recap of an MSI 845 PRO (rare board), which is swelled a capacitor. Capacitor exploded: G·Luxon 1000μF 6.3v.
    the computer is backup, is working 24/7, mount it 30 days ago, and today I got to open the computer to have a look and I with found this surprise.
    New Capacitor, Chemi-con LXJ 2x 2200μF 6.3V, 1X Chemi-con LXJ 16V 2200μF. (had no others, but these serve.)

The electrolytic capacitor for him came the rubber seal.
    capacitor location,

I'm sorry, I have no photo of the plate condenser: (, camera battery had not at that time and needed the computer.

Precaution also replaced two capacitors of 1500μF G·Luxon 6.3v.

These are the capacitors that change.

computer working again.
    Sorry my bad english .
    I was wrong of subforum, this better will MSI motherboard. Sorry.
    Bye
    Last edited by kevin!; 07-02-2013, 04:34 AM.
    Gaming pc:
    nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
    Workshop PC:
    Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
    Server:

Re: Recapping MSI 845 PRO

Well, congrats!

What brand of power supply is in the computer? Better check that for bad capacitors too.

Congrats for using a good brand of capacitor

-Ben
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
      Well, congrats!

What brand of power supply is in the computer? Better check that for bad capacitors too.

Congrats for using a good brand of capacitor

-Ben
      thanks
      Powermind 300w, In good condition, not the best, but it does its job right.
      I went crazy looking for these capacitors, here where I live do not sell Chemi-con capacitors only sell Lelon (they also fly)
      capacitors HP source delta electronics brand.
      the motherboard now works smoothly for 12 hours.
      I only use high quality components when repair themselves motherboards I can assure me and it will not fail for the same.
      Bye.

Kevin.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kevin!; 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM. Reason: upload photo new capacitor.
      Gaming pc:
      Workshop PC:
      Server:

Comment

Nice job on the motherboard fix! Never heard of Powermind, care to upload some internal pics or at least a label shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
          Nice job on the motherboard fix! Never heard of Powermind, care to upload some internal pics or at least a label shot?
          Ok, The next repair, upload the photos you can, is when I started to disassemble the camera no battery.
          is a rare brand, I know, but it is giving me very good results, you have 3 HDD connected and a reader cd / dvd, no problems.

1 photo:, Label power supply.

2/3 Photo:, motherboard after 12 hour working after repair. capacitor good conditions. (screws seems a kludge but subject very well fan XD .)

4/5 Photo: Capacitor Power Supply, HEC brand. good conditions.

6 Photo: Computer working after 12 hour repair.
          Bye
          Attached Files
          Last edited by kevin!; 07-02-2013, 02:16 PM. Reason: More photos
          Gaming pc:
          Workshop PC:
          Server:

Comment

Originally posted by kevin! View Post
            Ok, The next repair, upload the photos you can, is when I started to disassemble the camera no battery.
            is a rare brand, I know, but it is giving me very good results, you have 3 HDD connected and a reader cd / dvd, no problems.

1 photo:, Label power supply.

2/3 Photo:, motherboard after 12 hour working after repair. capacitor good conditions. (screws seems a kludge but subject very well fan XD .)

4/5 Photo: Capacitor Power Supply, HEC brand. good conditions.

6 Photo: Computer working after 12 hour repair.
            Bye
            As a curiosity, the computer you have installed an 20 GB hard disk 2001, which already has 33,000 hours (it was installed on another pc) motherboard stopped working before the hard drive itself XD.
            Last edited by kevin!; 07-02-2013, 02:35 PM.
            Gaming pc:
            Workshop PC:
            Server:

Comment

That looks like a Codegen. No wonder the motherboard caps bulged, I bet you it's getting lots of ripple. Those look like HEC caps on the secondary which are very low quality. Lots of hours on that hard drive! Back up your data

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                That looks like a Codegen. No wonder the motherboard caps bulged, I bet you it's getting lots of ripple. Those look like HEC caps on the secondary which are very low quality. Lots of hours on that hard drive! Back up your data
                Currently no I have more capacitors for replacement, when I have you I will make a recapping.
                Also this source was installed on another computer and never gave me problems, I think it has been for the capacitor that was of poor quality (I've seen many G · luxon swollen) The electric phase step of the cpu are all Rubycon and none to inflation.
                I do not think you need it, go quite well also your smart brand that's fine.
                Search errors and several happen to all seagates, is normal.
                I consider this hard drive unbreakable, currently takes 1 half years on without rest, only stopping to change computer. this hard drive was given to me a while ago, when I had a 26.000h active use. before I had 33.000 hours comment actually has 32.882h (I do not remember well XD). Seagate U5 series in my opinion is the best I could do, other than this 20 GB, a 40 GB (which is installed Windows 7) suffered a blow when he retired, is working without problems and also belongs to the U5 series.
                Bye
                Attached Files
                Last edited by kevin!; 07-02-2013, 05:56 PM.
                Gaming pc:
                Workshop PC:
                Server:

Comment

Definitely a Codegen. Replace that thing now

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                    I did not know it was d ela XDDD Codegen brand, do not know much about this brand, but you say it's bad to feel like, when can I take it off of me .
                    Sorry Message repeat .
                    Last edited by kevin!; 07-02-2013, 06:59 PM.
                    Gaming pc:
                    Workshop PC:
                    Server:

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                      I did not know it was XDDD Codegen brand, do not know much about this brand, but you say it's bad to feel like.
                      At least to me to come out decent, it has worked a long time and has never failed me. compared bought a 500w LC cost me nearly $ 76 and only lasted three years without forcing only: (.
                      but when can the will substitute for one of higher quality.
                      Last edited by kevin!; 07-02-2013, 07:14 PM.
                      Gaming pc:
                      Workshop PC:
                      Server:

Comment

1500 uF 6.3 V appears to be typical stuff on that period of Intel chipset boards.
                        (Like the Wendells on my Soyo Athlon board, IIRC.)

Back in June, I desoldered Rubycon MBZs from a 2003 Dell Pentium 4 board and they have the same ratings as the Chemi-con KZGs on my MSI 845E Max.

I may be able to get the MSI 845E Max recapped with Rubycon MBZs!

The legs and everything I can see fits the MSI 845E Max like a glove!

The 845E Max looks like a higher league board. 845E is DDR.

That one looks like it may be a seemingly rare SDR version! Like Intel's version of KT133.
                        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM.
                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                          1500 uF 6.3 V IIRC is typical stuff on that period of Intel chipset boards.

I just desoldered Rubycon MBZs from a Dell board and they have the same ratings as the Chemi-con KZGs on my MSI 845E Max.

I may be able to get the MSI 845E Max recapped with Rubycon MBZs!

The legs and everything I can see fits the MSI 845E Max like a glove!

The 845E Max looks like a higher league board. 845E is DDR.

That one looks like it may be a seemingly rare SDR version! Like Intel's version of KT133.
                          Now, this board is rare, seems to be an OEM version, recovery from recycling point, because seeing with socket 423 sdram is almost impossible. also provided a 512mb module 256mb and 2 to if I could use it and mount it as backup server. came from an Inves brand computer, a common supermarket chain in Spain called Elcorteingles.
                          This motherboard is one of my favorite.
                          Last edited by kevin!; 07-02-2013, 07:35 PM.
                          Gaming pc:
                          Workshop PC:
                          Server:

Comment

My next will be recapping the power supply, it will change the primary and secondary electrical phase. would be worth?
                            I'll work it one of these days. also I'll upload photos
                            Gaming pc:
                            Workshop PC:
                            Server:

Comment

My next will be recapping the power supply, it will change the primary and secondary electrical phase. would be worth?
                              I'll work it one of these days. also I'll upload photos
                              1. No it won't change the phase.
                              2. Yes it is totally worth it. A failed capacitor in a powersupply can fry a mobo!
                              Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

1. No it won't change the phase.
                                2. Yes it is totally worth it. A failed capacitor in a powersupply can fry a mobo!
                                Ok, When can he change it without fail.
                                Thx
                                Bye
                                Gaming pc:
                                Workshop PC:
                                Server:

Comment

After seeing this picture I'm changing capacitors without thinking twice ...
                                  The owner of this picture is trodas, forums aoaforums, the same source has commented that takes capacitor HEC, I'm really scared shitless: S.
                                  Brand PSU burned, Eurocase.

I will leave standing the computer until you make a recapping.
                                  Gaming pc:
                                  Workshop PC:
                                  Server:

Comment

After seeing this picture I'm changing capacitors without thinking twice ...
                                    The owner of this picture is trodas, forums aoaforums, the same source has commented that takes capacitor HEC, I'm really scared shitless: S.
                                    Brand PSU burned, Eurocase.

I will leave standing the computer until you make a recapping.
                                    PSU replaced temporarily by a 400w TooQ the TooQ has fcon caps, but this source has more than 30.000h of use, and a computer provinod a super market and still works well, does not have any swollen capacitor.
                                    Gaming pc:
                                    Workshop PC:
                                    Server:

Comment

PSU replaced temporarily by a 400w TooQ the TooQ has fcon caps, but this source has more than 30.000h of use, and a computer provinod a super market and still works well, does not have any swollen capacitor.
                                      Fcon capacitors with 30,000+ hours of use? Wow LOL

P.S. Good PSU brands are Delta, Liteon, Newton, FSP, Seasonic, and PC Power & Cooling - just to name a few.
                                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Fcon capacitors with 30,000+ hours of use? Wow LOL

P.S. Good PSU brands are Delta, Liteon, Newton, FSP, Seasonic, and PC Power & Cooling - just to name a few.
                                        had a delta remove the capacitors to donate to the MSI motherboard, since the source was and in the last, turned off the computer for no reason.
                                        Currently now I can not afford new sources themselves that will follow if: (.
                                        On the Tooq, the hard disk that tower marked 50.000 O.O, the source is the change because he was hung, but then discovered that he had a bad cap from motherboard, (now it have a family the tower) and it seems that they changed the source by TooQ, and more or less'm a 30.000h until retirement.
                                        Yes they are badcaps must be working at less than their face value and so endure. that's my theory.
                                        (sorry bad english . )
                                        Last edited by kevin!; 07-04-2013, 10:32 AM.
                                        Gaming pc:
                                        Workshop PC:
                                        Server:

Comment

Working...
                                        X