Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

panasonic tc-p50s60 bricked after firmware update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: panasonic tc-p50s60 bricked after firmware update?

Why did you originally update the f/w in the first place?

--What faults indicated to you to go to that extreme?

Regardless of what makers say, when updating f/w there's always a possibility of bricking it--no matter what the thing is, let alone TV sets with their multitude of different versions--Of the same set!

Route of last resort in my book, leave f/w alone unless you know for sure its the cause of the problem, and if there IS NO Problem, defo dont do it--don't even think about it!
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
      Can you take a clear picture of the SC board? Especially the bottom left area , is there a SC50 jumper? ( between 2 white connectors )

If so , remove the 2 buffer boards or make sure they DONT touch the sc board. Use a harddisk jumper or something else and short the 2 pins. Turn on the tv and see if it stays on.
      What it does is turning on the tv without sending a image to the panel. If it stays on you got bad buffer boards.

If the 6 blink error stays on BOTH sc boards your problem seems to be the mainboard. I will look in the service manual when i get home.

Let me know what the outcome is!
      I found an old hard drive jumper and wedged it into the SC50 jumper (it wasn't easy to get the jumper in there, like it was just a little bit too big)

The result was the same 6 blinks. I haven't tried my original SC board yet, that's next. (edit: I put the original SC board back in, with the jumper, and got the same 6 blinks)

If the TV Stays on with no signal being sent from the buffer boards.... how will I know? Will I be able to pull up the onscreen menus and such?
      Last edited by mushchampion; 10-20-2017, 05:47 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
        Why did you originally update the f/w in the first place?

--What faults indicated to you to go to that extreme?

Regardless of what makers say, when updating f/w there's always a possibility of bricking it--no matter what the thing is, let alone TV sets with their multitude of different versions--Of the same set!

Route of last resort in my book, leave f/w alone unless you know for sure its the cause of the problem, and if there IS NO Problem, defo dont do it--don't even think about it!
        It was a silly reason, that I deeply regret now that I've possibly bricked the TV. I was having trouble getting the TV to recognize my network's media server, and figured updating the firmware couldn't hurt.

That being said, for most of the time I've owned this TV, I haven't even had the internet options turned on. I had a roku3/cable box/pc all hooked up to this TV through an Onkyo receiver so I never really ever used the few built in apps/features that this early smartTV has... I was wanting to move the roku to a different room with an older TV.

Comment

Think you're gonna need one of these and flash original back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-BIOS-EE...ss!49457!US!-1

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
            Think you're gonna need one of these and flash original back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-BIOS-EE...ss!49457!US!-1
            Since I have two A-Boards, wouldn't it be possible to just swap the chip from the "new" board I got into the old one that I know is bricked? If the new A-Board I received is indeed faulty, perhaps the one part (an IC?) I need from it isn't? Since I would most likely have to source the bin from the new board I got anyway(I don't know how easy it would be to find online), would it be easier to just swap the ICs?

Looking at these boards, none of these chips look removable, at least not for a novice like me - but if an IC swap on the main boards seems like a plausible solution, I could bring the boards to a local professional to do it for me.

I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions in this thread, getting into the EEPROMs and Integrated Circuits and going down to that level has me a little overwhelmed, and is a rabbit hole of research to understand all of it.

Comment

if they're indeed same exact board yes it is possible, but it would make more sense to copy the bin from it and transfer it to the other rather than butcher possibly good board, but then again we don't know if it's rom er bin is corrupted or not which may very well be the reason replacement not working.

Comment

Originally posted by mushchampion View Post

I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions in this thread, getting into the EEPROMs and Integrated Circuits and going down to that level has me a little overwhelmed, and is a rabbit hole of research to understand all of it.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-t...-tc-p50s60.htm

Is that same as yours part number and all? i'll see if i can find you an A board

Comment

yeah it is found this one and will work have yet to get anything bunk from them.
                  http://www.tvpartstoday.com/TXN-A1US...sh-a1usuus.htm

Little pricey but will stop the woes, get a refund on the bunk one.

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                    yeah it is found this one and will work have yet to get anything bunk from them.
                    http://www.tvpartstoday.com/TXN-A1US...sh-a1usuus.htm

Little pricey but will stop the woes, get a refund on the bunk one.
                    That's where I got the new A-Board in the first place, it was the last one in their stock when I ordered it a couple weeks ago.

You have to call them to set up a return, I might do that tomorrow or at least see if they will exchange the A-Board I purchased for the one they have in stock now.
                    Last edited by mushchampion; 10-24-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

They should take care of you, as i have yet to get anything junk yet from them but it is possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X