This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, my name is Claudio and I write from Italy. I am passionate about computer science and electronics. I hope to increase my cultural baggage in this forum.

Comment

Hello all - its banchang here !

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hey Guys,
          I'm German, live near Frankfurt/Main and it's my passion to repair whatever is broken.
          Thanks to all in this forum that are kindly supporting all newbies and special thanks to the experts who wrote all these mind blowing repair guides :-)
          Regards Bernd

Comment

Re: Hi and nice to be part of this forum

Hi and nice to be allowed to join this forum. I have spent 30 plus years working for a major corporation and have been on the technical side of consumer electronics while doing so.

Thank,

Joel

Comment

Hi,
              Found this forum while searching for solutions to an issue with a Samsung TV.
              Seen the vast amount of knowledge being shared in this group since 2003. That's simply superb.
              Thanks to all who support people in need of some help.

Kudos

Soumitra

Comment

Hi I'm a 73 year old newbie especially in the forums I like to read the Q&A sections when I'm looking for some answers. Retired now but trying to find answers to my Hisense TV which seems to be going light and dark at the same time the volume is also going low then back to normal when the picture goes light. This forum seems to have knowledgeable people on board and I thought that i may be able to join and peruse your forum. so that I may find the answers that I'm looking for.
                Many thanks for letting me join your forum.
                My name is Andy C (mojo2745)

Comment

Hi!
                  My name is Boste. I'm glad to be part of Your community. I'm in love with plasma TV's.

Comment

Hello all! I am new to the forum and just wanted to say thank you for the posts that help out so many people. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello, found this site looking for causes for monitor going black.

Comment

[QUOTE=petabyte;27]A Who me oh my name is David, UK Folkestone in Kent UK by the sea.
                        I found this site by accident as I am sure alot of you did in a search.
                        My search was to mod a "C" type (1970's) battery clock movement for an 18650 replacement, I found a post that said... Bang I signed up to say thank you to the sugestion of adding a cap accross the terminals in the battery box and yes the old battery with a 47uf outside the bat box is now working the clock for how long I will see . As for me, Auto Electrics Motor vehicle Tech / Lecturer now out to Graze at 62 due to bones done in. But hey the Sun shines and thats good so I fix/hack/mod things, do things, build things and sleep. First PC IBM 8088 20mb HDD DOS 6 Win 3, never looked back. DOS 2,3,4,5 (Donky Kong),6,622 Win 2, 3, 3.11, and the rest, now Win 10 insider from way back. Any questions please ask me kind regards David

Comment

Greetings. I've been to this website in past and finally registering. I'm a computer engineer and have 30+ years of PC hardware and software experience and specialize in vintage computer parts. If you're looking for an obsolete part chances are I may be able to help out. Thanks

Comment

Hello all! I have always been opening things to see how they work inside. I have been facinated by electronics and now that I have studied Physics and a bit of electronics, I'm trying to fix things I open! I currently have a Samsung monitor PSU that needs some work and I think I need a bit more in depth help so I registered!

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Volvos60d5 View Post
                              Hi, I am from the Netherlands.

I already used the forum to repair my YAMAHA RX-497 receiver. I replaced a bad capacitor, and it works fine now. Thx.
                              My friends have a YAMAHA RX-497 receiver. Which capacitor was it?

Elektrolite

Comment

Hello my nick SSlow. Really excited found this forum to solve my IT problem. hope will solve that asap.

thanks before.

Comment

Hello , happy to learn everything about those nasty little bad caps , and i want to really say how those electrons moving in some copper inside some PCB change the woard...

Comment

Hello all,
                                    I am 60 years old and found this form when trying to fix my Vizio E422vl tv that takes about one hour to start up. This is the only place I have found that has given me the answers I need to fix this tv. I will get it working. right now the hair dryer fix in the upper left hand corner that I read on a post here works. Checking the tabs well be next.

Comment

hi friends i think all my electronics repair problems will be solved here and i reached here searching that nasty bad caps in my pc motherboard
                                      Last edited by sabareeshchambayil; 11-13-2018, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Hello World!

Comment

Hi everyone, Im from Ukraine.

Comment

Working...
                                          X