Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sasmung la40m81bd - Recapped

This one matches first 9 numbers? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272695645973
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-21-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

That's cheap...I'd say there's nothing to lose by getting it. If anything, you'll have it as a spare. This is what I used to do back at my old shop: when I wasn't sure which part was faulty, if it wasn't terribly expensive, I'd buy it and keep it as a spare if it turned out that wasn't the issue...ah the good ol' days when I was virtually running my own shop....none of this corporate sh!t where nobody cares about you and you're basically left unscrewing flat heads with philips...>_>
      Wattevah...

Comment

Whole page to look thru, might be a match somewhere, if those 2 don't work? https://picclick.co.uk/Tcon-Board-40...987820813.html
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-21-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/free...6-7aa4934d380a

Found one cheaper and don't mind the 4 week wait.
          I could only try a new tcon and go from there I guess.

Comment

New T-con showed up today shipping was pretty fast.
            The result wasn't what we was hoping for still got the same picture error.

So problem would be on mainboard wouldn't it?

Comment

Hi Amraks, i have never seen your youtube video because of it being blocked here at work but sometimes the bonding tabs cause weird issues. I hope its not that in your case otherwise you're stuck with a scrap tv.

Comment

Pretty sure this isn't a tab bond issue.

Have been reading about ic1803 going bad after bad caps

This here is from a bulletin from Samsung about this tv
                Symptoms
                HTML Code:
                  No Power, Keeps clicking, Clours incorrect, No DTV / ATV, No DTV or RF signal on TV.
                  SMPS capacitor failure causing No power or No DTV to above models.
                  This is due to EEprom value in Factory setting change when SMPS failure (side effect
                Solution
                HTML Code:
                 Product :
                LCD TV
                Bulletin No.  : 10-LCD_TV-A003
                 Model   : 
                LA 40/46/52 M81BDX/XSA
                Bulletin D 24 Apr 2010
                LA40/46 N81BDX/XSA
                Buyer    SEAU
                LA32/40 R81BDX/XSA
                LA32/40/46 S81BDX/XSA
                LA40/46/52 F81BDX/XSA
                Subject  :
                SMPS failure due to SamHwa Cap causing MAIN BOARD EEPROM setting change
                  No Power, Keeps clicking, Clours incorrect, No DTV / ATV, No DTV or RF signal on TV.
                  SMPS capacitor failure causing No power or No DTV to above models.
                  This is due to EEprom value in Factory setting change when SMPS failure (side effect)
                [Step1] 
                 Replace Capacitors which bloated from SMPS (Refer Table below) & perform data adjustment in [Step 4]
                        ** If still fails to power on and keeps clicking refer steps 2, 3 & 4: 
                [Step2]
                  Replace Eprom IC1803 (8 Pin surface Mount IC)
                        ** Once power on for 1st time after Eprom replacement TV will click on / off 3 times then picture will illumina
                te
                [Step3]
                  Access Service Mode – Press the following
                        ** TV in off state then on remote press INFO – MENU – MUTE – POWER ON
                [Step4] 
                 Perform Data Adjustment in SVC Mode (2.Option table & 8.Adjust menu, refer following pages)

Comment

Definitely worth a try, can you find the eeprom? not sure if this eeprom needs to be pre-programed???
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-16-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

One guy used this one: https://au.element14.com/microchip/a...oic/dp/1972001

Comment

Video's been removed probably since I can't access it either....
                      Wattevah...

Comment

I have repaired a couple of older samsungs once i have replaced all the bad caps i then replace the eeprom with a blank new one once the sets starts up usually a few attempts the tvs have been fine i guess the set somehow re writes its own eeprom data back too the new ic

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                          I have repaired a couple of older samsungs once i have replaced all the bad caps i then replace the eeprom with a blank new one once the sets starts up usually a few attempts the tvs have been fine i guess the set somehow re writes its own eeprom data back too the new ic
                          +1
                          especially when the firmware contain the eeprom bin. which any TV able to downgrade its firmware had this section and can be noticed that the TV start downgrade or upgrade its start twice

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyx View Post
                            Video's been removed probably since I can't access it either....
                            Ignore the first video it had kids screaming in backgroup
                            Heres the video I took once I had it in my hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3zC...ature=youtu.be

Comment

I ended up pulling off the chip and erasing it.
                              now the tv is switching on and off every 2(roughly) mins still have the fuzz pattern.

Comment

my guess would be a mainboard issue what mainboard is used in this set

Comment

Mainboard is BN41-00888B

Given that I have this new fault would mean the eeprom chips data isn't getting written.

Comment

well I took the chip off the board and read the chip there is data being written but still getting this new fault so would it be safe to say this chip faulty and getting corrupted.

Comment

You could try replacing it, though I believe at this point it's a main board issue and should replace that instead.
                                      Wattevah...

Comment

looking at your photos in post one it looks like your mainboard is a BN94-01200B (on white sticker) although i cant seem too find any for sale maybe you could look on shop jimmy and see if you can use another mainboad

Comment

how about you write to us the chip No you erased ?
                                          did you flashed firmware after erase ?
                                          did you logged in Service menu and from there you reset the TV ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X