VSX-74TXVi MCACC Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VSX-74TXVi MCACC Flashing

Im working on a AV Pioneer VSX-74TXVi receiver that one day wont turn on with flashing the MCACC. I replaced IC5301 AND IC5302 still the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: VSX-74TXVi MCACC Flashing

Do you have the service manual? if you do, check page 191. I suspect you have a problem in one of the output sections. Replacing the fault DETECTOR is not fixing the FAULT.
    Check the output transistors in each channel, check the dual emitter resistors, and if you can turn on the amp. Check the DC voltage on CN4003~CN4006 These are the output pins and should be at near zero volts
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 01-26-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Disregard my previous post.I looked at page 192 and did not realise they were the output transistors. My mistake, I was looking at the heading "DC Detection Circuit"
      Were those outputs ic5301 & ic5302 actually shorted? and was R5327 ok? Were R5321 & R5322 ok.
      Last edited by R_J; 01-26-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileXT View Post
        Im working on a AV Pioneer VSX-74TXVi receiver that one day wont turn on with flashing the MCACC. I replaced IC5301 AND IC5302 still the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        Why did you change those transistors?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          Disregard my previous post.I looked at page 192 and did not realise they were the output transistors. My mistake, I was looking at the heading "DC Detection Circuit"
          Were those outputs ic5301 & ic5302 actually shorted? and was R5327 ok? Were R5321 & R5322 ok.
          I will check on those resistors I will update later.

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
            Why did you change those transistors?
            Thinking that would be the problem but is not.

Comment

I check with multimeter it was ok IC5301 AND IC5302 but I did replaced it anyway just to make sure but still end up "Amp Error" then shutdown to protection mode.
              Last edited by MobileXT; 01-27-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Thinking that would be the problem but is not.
                But did you do any tests? Did you check them for shorts?
                Also, If those fail, they blow and the emitter resistors ( as already mentioned above ) and usually the previous stage(s).
                Another thing you can do - if you suspect that specific transistors, just remove them. If the previous amp stage is fine, the unit should power up fine.

By the way, that amp has 7 output channels and each of that channels has a pair of output transistors just like those you changed.. I'm not getting how you decided to change exactly that particular pair... what tests did you do to determine that this channel is causing the problem?
                Last edited by madan1; 01-27-2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

What about the outputs in the other (5) channels? [ic5001/5002, ic5101/5102 etc.], did you test them also or just the one channel

Check the DC voltage on CN4003~CN4006 These are the output pins and should be at near zero volts. If one is reading a positive or negative voltage above a couple volts that would be the bad channel
                  Last edited by R_J; 01-27-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
                    But did you do any tests? Did you check them for shorts?
                    Also, If those fail, they blow and the emitter resistors ( as already mentioned above ) and usually the previous stage(s).
                    Another thing you can do - if you suspect that specific transistors, just remove them. If the previous amp stage is fine, the unit should power up fine.

By the way, that amp has 7 output channels and each of that channels has a pair of output transistors just like those you changed.. I'm not getting how you decided to change exactly that particular pair... what tests did you do to determine that this channel is causing the problem?
                    On The other side forum pointed me that could be the cause of the amp error. The unit power on with the combination of advanced surrounds + enter the receiver reset an turn on after initiating 5 to 10 minutes will shutdown with amp error on FL display.

Comment

What about the outputs in the other (5) channels? [ic5001/5002, ic5101/5102 etc.], did you test them also or just the one channel

Check the DC voltage on CN4003~CN4006 These are the output pins and should be at near zero volts. If one is reading a positive or negative voltage above a couple volts that would be the bad channel
                      Ok I will look on this one but how to access these test voltage without removing the amp block? Is there any test point outside that can easily access?

Comment

Can't you access the X board? Why did you pick the two outputs you did? Why not the other 5 sets of outputs?
                        You are the one with the amp in front of you, so you would need to at least provide some pictures to see what we are dealing with.

Comment

Can't you access the X board? Why did you pick the two outputs you did? Why not the other 5 sets of outputs?
                          You are the one with the amp in front of you, so you would need to at least provide some pictures to see what we are dealing with.
                          Here is the picture inside the amp block I will upload more pictures later.
                          Attached Files

Comment

You should be able to get to CN4003~CN4006, they are on this board
                            Attached Files

Comment

You should be able to get to CN4003~CN4006, they are on this board
                              On CN4003 I have -.360v on Standby Mode
                              On CN4006 I have -0.700v on Standby mode

Comment

Reading from the Amp

White reading = -1.60v
                                Purple= -.292v
                                Orange= -.255v
                                Green = -.279v
                                Brown= -.267v
                                gray= -.259v
                                yellow = -0.083v
                                Last edited by MobileXT; 01-27-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

The amp must try to turn on, being in standby the voltages WILL be next to 0. See page 191, try doing the release mode. while monitoring one channel output at a time, This should cause the amp to turn on, then shut down with the error but should show which channel has the dc offset fault
                                  The plugs have designations CN400x, and either pin 1 or 2
                                  Last edited by R_J; 01-28-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

The amp must try to turn on, being in standby the voltages WILL be next to 0. See page 191, try doing the release mode. while monitoring one channel output at a time, This should cause the amp to turn on, then shut down with the error but should show which channel has the dc offset fault
                                    The plugs have designations CN400x, and either pin 1 or 2
                                    I Attached the result of the Diagnostic from Pages 191.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I Attached the result of the Diagnostic from Pages 191.
                                      You have an amp output problem. Do the test I asked so you know which channel has the problem. If you look at page 192, you will see you have about 3 seconds to test for the offset voltage
                                      Or remove the amp section and test every transistor and resistor in ALL the amp outputs
                                      What you need to do is have your meter connected to one of the output points, the turn on the amp (you may need to re-run the diagnostics each time). The amp should turn on for about 3 seconds and then turn off with the error. during this time you should see one of test points voltage go to + or- 5~50 volts. if the voltage is near 0, that channel is ok, the one with voltage is the problem channel
                                      Last edited by R_J; 01-29-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

You have an amp output problem. Do the test I asked so you know which channel has the problem. If you look at page 192, you will see you have about 3 seconds to test for the offset voltage
                                        Or remove the amp section and test every transistor and resistor in ALL the amp outputs
                                        What you need to do is have your meter connected to one of the output points, the turn on the amp (you may need to re-run the diagnostics each time). The amp should turn on for about 3 seconds and then turn off with the error. during this time you should see one of test points voltage go to + or- 5~50 volts. if the voltage is near 0, that channel is ok, the one with voltage is the problem channel
                                        Thank you very much! I'm kinda understand what you saying now. I will keep you posted once I do the test.

Comment

Working...
                                        X