Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laptop panel has green tint & purple lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop panel has green tint & purple lines.

Hi, I have a laptop panel model LP173WF4 which has suddenly got a green/blue like tint and purple lines, You can see in the picture with MS Paint that it is not a white screen and you can compare to the white in the monitor in the background. Is this fixable & if so, what can I do? Thanks :-)

It has been tested on a known good system & found to be a fault with the panel & not the system or cable.
    Attached Files

Re: Laptop panel has green tint & purple lines.

Bump.

Comment

test it on something else.

it's tempting to blame the panel, but i had a tv like that i fixed with a re-cap.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        test it on something else.

it's tempting to blame the panel, but i had a tv like that i fixed with a re-cap.
        Hi, thanks for your reply, as stated in the original post, "It has been tested on a known good system & found to be a fault with the panel & not the system or cable." :-) Could it be a cap on the panels control board?
        Last edited by Johndill; 03-09-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

it could be a cap or a chip - but your chances of doing hot-air rework on it without damaging the tab-bonds is slim.

Comment

it could be a bad connector, plz check your connector bad or dissolder.

Comment

Working...
            X