Mosfet Replacement Compatibility - Corsair 600gs v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosfet Replacement Compatibility - Corsair 600gs v2

Hello.. i have a dead psu from my friend.
    Corsair GS600 v2.
    Pretty decent psu with dc-dc converter in secondary rail.

Typical dead of 5vsb rail.
    i found the culprit..
    Shorted 5vsb mosfet, CEF04N7G, and a few resistor open due to shorted mosfet.

Unfortunately, i cant find replacement here (indonesia)

CEF04N7G is 700v n channel mosfet
    Can i replace it with other mosfet?

Maybe with toshiba k2611 or 9n90?
    k2611 and 9n90 is 900v n channel mosfet and maybe sama characteristic.

i do hope anyone can enlight me..

Thanks alot
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Quaddro; 02-05-2020, 01:30 PM.

Re: Mosfet Replacement Compatibility - Corsair 600gs v2

Well one problem is that the CEF04N7G is an isolated TO-220 and the others are TO-247/TO-3P and physical characteristics may not allow installation.

The electrical characteristics of the K2611 and 9N90 may be different enough to cause undesired operation I would think as well. I'd give a thumbs down on this substitution though it *may* still work depending of the circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
      Well one problem is that the CEF04N7G is an isolated TO-220 and the others are TO-247/TO-3P and physical characteristics may not allow installation.

The electrical characteristics of the K2611 and 9N90 may be different enough to cause undesired operation I would think as well. I'd give a thumbs down on this substitution though it *may* still work depending of the circuit.
      Physical size is not a problem. slightly bending pin here and there, it will fit.

What kind of characteristic is different between CEF04N7G and K2611/9N90?
      Would you point it?
      For some learning to me..

Or any substitution for CEF04N7G that will work?

Comment

Pretty much all of the characteristics of the mosfets are different enough to warrant the suggestion not to use them, the characteristics are completely different. Again the circuit topology would be the final answer but we don't have that data.

I'd have to go research a possible replacement, can't think of any off hand. Digikey/Mouser has a good tool to select possible replacements.

Comment

I use this site when looking for equivalent replacements. https://alltransistors.com/

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
            Pretty much all of the characteristics of the mosfets are different enough to warrant the suggestion not to use them, the characteristics are completely different. Again the circuit topology would be the final answer but we don't have that data.

I'd have to go research a possible replacement, can't think of any off hand. Digikey/Mouser has a good tool to select possible replacements.
            Originally posted by diif View Post
            I use this site when looking for equivalent replacements. https://alltransistors.com/

nice, thanks for the help.
            through the alltransistor, i found some mosfet that maybe have a good compatibility.

I do hope this will work..

Comment

Working...
            X