what software is used to mark jpg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what software is used to mark jpg?

I've seen many pics on the forum where someone circled or marked a pic with yellow or red lines. can some tell me how this is done?

Thanks

frank

Re: what software is used to mark jpg?

I use a picture editing program called "paint.NET" (don't confuse with microsoft paint), but there is also "gimp", "photoshop" (VERY expensive), etc... The first two I mentioned are free

I use the paintbrush tool, select the color I want, and simply draw the circle on the picture. You can also do text. Also, you can resize the picture, so it can be uploaded to this forum ... sometimes the pictures can be too large.

Good luck

P.S. Hello from Trenton NJ
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Almost any image editor can do it. From Photoshop/Gimp to MS Paint.
      If you need a decent free tool to do it, try paint.net

Edit. Dangit, Ben beat me by a few seconds.
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

I use GIMP.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

You can use Paint to open a jpg picture and draw on it.

I personally use Irfanview when I'm in a rush - it's a very fast and simple picture viewer but also has a small plugin which allows you to draw on the image.

It's a bit buggy, as in if you leave the window with the painting tools open when you save the picture sometimes it freezes. I just got used to close the paint tools window before saving.

Comment

This online tool is ok to use too

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Comment

Thanks a bunch everyone. I'm impressed with the level of detail all of you contributers put on this forum daily. The knowlwdge pool on this forum is super.

thanks,

frank

Comment

Originally posted by ilikesteel View Post
                Thanks a bunch everyone. I'm impressed with the level of detail all of you contributers put on this forum daily. The knowlwdge pool on this forum is super.

thanks,

frank
                You're welcome!

Yes I agree. This is the best electronics forum I have ever known, great community, and great admin/moderators
                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
                X