Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad Arse is this? Weller, 2 thumbs up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad Arse is this? Weller, 2 thumbs up!

So, I was looking around at some de-soldering gun and I came across this beast of a machine! I started drooling.... enough where I had to wipe my face! How bad ass is this?

http://www.apexhandtools.com/weller/WQB4000.cfm

AWESOME!

Re: How bad Arse is this? Weller, 2 thumbs up!

Here's a video on it as well! This is awesome watching this thing go... I'm not going to look into the price, I don't want my dreams beat out of me with a stick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwX7to_480

Comment

Originally posted by Peter9DO View Post
      I'm not going to look into the price
      I haven't watched the video as I have some others queued up first, but your child doesn't have to go to college or university!!
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

That thing is definitely above my pay grade!

Comment

If it's got "request a demo", it's not gonna be cheap!
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yea, I won't even look for a price I'm sure it's in between "get some lube" & "rape". That thing is just so crazy, if you watch that video seeing it go to work is just amazing! The point that it's so small yet does the work of the giant automated machines is just crazy! Weller is such a good brand when it comes to anything solder so you know the reliability is there with this unit! As I said, it's a nice dream, I'm sure I won't see it in my workshop though... =(

Comment

Even Digikey lists the price as "call"
              Saw one on a Finnish site, price in Euros was 22,900.00 close to $30k U.S.
              Last edited by smason; 10-23-2012, 09:15 AM. Reason: tpyos
              36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Did you hear that? That was the sound of smason destroying my dreams!

Comment

Weller is such a good brand when it comes to anything solder so you know the reliability is there with this unit! (
                  Some reports over at eevblog suggest that the latest batch of more entry level Weller soldering stations are not as good as the old stuff.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/product...ng-station/30/

PS. I invested in a FX888 and I loved this post

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/general...0760/#msg90760
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I didn't have a chance to watch the videos yet, but I will when I get home from work. I just wanted to comment on that, because it's like anything in this worlds changing economy. Everyone is trying to save money and companies will tend to use some cheaper parts not thinking it will make a drastic difference in quality. Unfortunately the old term "they don't make 'em like they used to", I think is very accurate in anything mass produced these days. Even though I think Weller's worst is far from the lower level brands out there.

Comment

Discontinued Item. Nozzles are $300+. Saw references from $13,000 to $33,000.
                      veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                        Discontinued Item. Nozzles are $300+. Saw references from $13,000 to $33,000.
                        Are you serious? They discontinued it? It's all over their website though!! I just caught myself getting all disappointed like I was going to get it, I'm such a damn fool! hahaha! Honestly, if that's how much it cost I personally would never see that money back and it would be a bad investment on my end. I would have to do a lot of reworks for that kind of price. I'm lucky to turn my Puhui on 6 times a year... I feel like I wasted $1000 on that thing! But, it's a nice art to master (not saying I have mastered it yet, but I have become much better over time). I just don't have the volume, that would require such a price tag, for as cool as it is it would be a GIANT waste of money to my small outfit.

Comment

Even though I think Weller's worst is far from the lower level brands out there.
                          I agree. I'm just relaying what others have been reporting lately.

The FX888 was my first choice though after seeing Dave's FX888 hack video. Weller would have been my second choice.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Did you hear that? That was the sound of smason destroying my dreams!
                            Sorry man. Someone had to do it.
                            36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Working...
                            X