Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KD-55X9005C - Four Red Flashes

Hi everyone,
    My first thread. Bought new just over two years ago with one year un-extended warranty (i.e., out of warranty) the t.v. was powered on, went through the Android loading screen - displaying the animated coloured orbs forming into the word "Android", started to display the picture from Virgin Media box - then immediately shut down - no sound, no picture and the S.M.A.R.T indicator unit at lower edge of screen displayed 4 flashes of red - pause - 4 flashes etc., etc.,. Switched off, powered on - same symptoms. Powered off overnight, disconnected from mains - switch on - same symptoms - t.v. displays Android loading animation then switches off (no longer displays a t.v. picture (i.e., Virgin etc.,)
    Obtained repair manual - fault indicates (in likely order) 1. LED Driver board, 2. Main A/V logic board (main PCB), 3. Power board (two of : A & B)
    4. Screen (WTF)
    Have substituted 1 - 3 - exact same symptoms.
    Have stripped screen, exposing the three banks of 72 LED's (216 in total) - the middle board (centre / bottom) has three failed LED's (I am able to power up LED panel with T-Con disconnected - defeating VCC test??)
    In short, I need the (ideally) three panels replaced with new or a donor component for supply of the oddly shaped/sized LED's.
    Easy enough - no.
    I am so far unable to obtain the boards from anywhere, I am unable to identify/source the individual LED's, I have yet to hear from Sony regarding any 'fix' for my unwarranted 2 year old t.v.
    Anyone with similar experiences and offers of advice would be greatly appreciated. The LED boards are stamped "NLAW50350 with either LS2/LS3/LS4" and the number "5071201-212-0577" - Thanks!!

Re: Sony KD-55X9005C - Four Red Flashes

worth trying this guy on ebay
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tvrepairl...1&_ipg=&_from=

he has a fair bit of different leds available

see what measurements he needs and take from there.

Comment

Thanks for that, Although I don't see part listed on eBay - surely this wouldn't be a Sony exclusive part? I have sent off a message via eBay messaging to eBay seller with a full description of part - fingers crossed.

Comment

Do your LEDs look like this ?
        Photo taken of an LED on a Sony strip I have here and also the replacement 5630 I was going to use if it was a failed LED.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Diif,
          Unfortunately the images you have kindly posted are not similar to the one's on the led boards in this telly.
          I have (hopefully) attached two piccies of the offending components...
          Attached Files

Comment

Think I saw some led kits on shopjimmy, some were priced at 10 bucks.

Comment

Working...
            X