This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi My name is Warren, in another life I was an Electronics Technician, now I work for our Child protection service, among other things. Among those other things are computers etc. Got 3 very nice Viewsonic monitors no go - led no less hope to repair them. Notice you have cap kits for sale. May have to investigate further.

Cheers

Warren

Comment

Hello, my name is Jim. My day job is in system administration, but my education is in electrical engineering. All I get to do these days is tinker, from time to time.
      I've always loved to repair, too!

Comment

Hey there. I came here to learn and educate myself to master some repairing techniques.
        Hope that someday I can help someone too

Comment

Hello, I'm new here and found this forum by accident. I was searching for a fix to my viio TV. I've always had an interest in electronics, tinkering and repairing things but. never took formal training in it. I did use PC's of the C-64, SX-64, 8086, and up with an imac i7 27" my main sys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Vizio VW26L View Post
            Hello, I'm new here and found this forum by accident. I was searching for a fix to my viio TV. I've always had an interest in electronics, tinkering and repairing things but. never took formal training in it. I did use PC's of the C-64, SX-64, 8086, and up with an imac i7 27" my main sys.
            Apparently I will be learning how to correct typos first.

Comment

Hello repair world. I'm new here but not to the repair biz. Have 30 years experience in the office equipment service and repair world. Some computer hardware repairs as well. Also, believe it or not I have 15 years of small engine repair experience. Currently trying to save a 28" Hanns-G monitor from the land fill but not having much luck. Hopefully we can repair it together.

Comment

Hello, I look forward to hopefully finding and helping my family and friends from throwing out perfectly good electronics due to faulty internal components.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Name is Jeremy. Jerameat is my online moniker for diablo and online gaming. Im a Desktop support tech/Jr Network Admin. I've taking things apart and putting them back together and I've recently begun to work with caps and other things. My first project is a friends tv that no longer shows video or produces sound. I'm looking forward to picking you all's brains.

Comment

My Name is Samuel, & I am an Electronic Tech in Queens, NY

Comment

Hi all, Since I was a kid I always liked electronics, and I love fixing things, and I love this forum.

Thank you
                      Panasonic Viera TH-42 PX70B PLASMA-TV 42 The best TV 7 year and counting.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a new arrival obviously. Found the forum looking for a fix for my Dell E153FPB Back Light problem. Thx for all the great info.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm not quite old enough to remember when laptops were made of stone, but I have been repairing electronic devices for many years. I came here in search of a couple of tips for fixing a Dell D800 and an HP DV1000 which have been in the todo pile for rather a long time.

Comment

Engineer Safaa

Hi guys I'm new member to this rich info. forum
                            I'm trying to introduce myself
                            I'm computer and software eng.

Comment

Hi, I'm desertda

Came across this forum searching for answers to identify problems
                              with my plasma TV.
                              Worked as a Meat Cutter for 35 years, but received an Associates
                              Degree in electronics thinking I could change professions.
                              Still like to dabble in electronics though. Im good at following
                              directions for repairing things.
                              Thats why i like forums like this one, and youtube, that have helped
                              me repair things like cell phones, computers, and hopefully TV's.

Comment

hello
                                I am Lord Inquisitor, name is on other forums.
                                From west ireland where we have unstable slow internet and low 209v 50hz systems
                                I am a ok 3D guy and bad game programmer.
                                1st computer was C64 on my birthday which was broke, 3 more weeks to type hello world on it.

have a soldering station, varible PSU and some meters, still fustrated with electronics.

Comment

Hi, my name is Keith. I live in Indiana. Plumber/pipefitter by trade. I am completely lost on this forum, but enjoy fixing things. So here I am to give this a go!

Comment

My name is Bob, I have an electronics background and work for an aerospace and defense company. I am having trouble finding a forum that could help me with my hdtv issues so I thought I would try badcaps.

Comment

I have been repairing otherwise land fill for over 25 years they don't make them like the used too.

Comment

Hello

Comment

hi all new member here. looking for some good info on a tv im having trouble with. im not the most handy on the inside of things with circuit boards although i have dabbled in changing some compasaters a while back. thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X