Panasonic TX-P46VT20E - GPF13DE - 10 red blinks driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-P46VT20E - GPF13DE - 10 red blinks driving me crazy

Trying to fix this 2010 Panasonic Plasma for a friend . I am an experienced technician, but not so much in plasma TVs, this is just for the fun and challenge.

Hoping for some advice here.

Symptom :

When powering the TV ( power button on the A-board engaged ), a green LED flashes rapidly for a second, the relay clicks - after a second it clicks again -then repeatedly 10 red blinks.

What I have done :

- The F+15V is present P6/pin7 between the clicks of the relay (14.75V )
    - The P+15V is present P25/pin1 between the clicks of the relay (15.7V)
    - The Vda is present P35/pin1 between the clicks of the relay (60.5V)
    - The Vsus is present between the clicks of the relays ( 208V )
    - Various SUB voltages on A board OK as long as +15V is present

LED_6V DET on IC1100 on A-board is HIGH
    FRC+3.3V DET on IC1100 on A-board is HIGH
    MIHO+3.3V DET on IC1100 on A-board is HIGH
    SUB+5V DET on IC1100 on A-board is HIGH
    SUB3.3V DET on IC1100 on A-board is HIGH

Using the " 2010 - FHD Plasma TV Troubleshooting handbook" i tried :

- Startup without SC20 connected - still 10 red blinks !

Then I purchased a (used) A-board

- Absolutely no change, still 10 red blinks

Other observations (all connectors in place ):

SOS6 from SC board goes HIGH due to Vmid being only 52V ( should be 60-150V as I read it )

SOS8 from SS board goes HIGH due due output being only 29V (TPSS1)

Also tried to dismount D25 LVDS cable, no change.

Now, I have a SS board on the way ( longshot !! )

Any input / advice ?

I could of course have TWO A-boards with the same error - but seems unlikely.

Since the SC/SU/SD boards hav been isolated these should not be at fault - also checked common shorts on SC board - seems fine.....

Yes, I have read the forum ( and half the internet... ) about "10 red blinks" - but most posts seems to relate to older plasmas, with older chassis...

I can of course measure / check anything - any help appreciated and welcomed

Re: Panasonic TX-P46VT20E - GPF13DE - 10 red blinks driving me crazy

Hello there
    I had a similar problem with a VT20 TV; this model goes into 10 blinks for more faults than a V og G 20 model. This TV has a D board, so the things are a little more complicated. Probably you have a A-board problem, as I had, and I was running around in circles for a few days. on this TV, if you disconnect the ribbon between the A-board and D-board and start the TV it should start with green led on and display full white image; then you'll have an A-board problem. If not, then you may have another problem, like D-board, or... SC-board or... even SS-board. Les us know what happents. If you already did this test without any change, try another D-board.
    Last edited by dj01fad; 12-18-2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Thank you.

I now see I made a typo, it says "Also tried to dismount D25 LVDS cable, no change."

Should be "D5" - just as you suggest. Just tried it again, with both A-boards to be sure, and still 10 red blinks and no white picture with the D5 removed.

Could it still be the D-board, as it is now only connected to the P board, through D25/P25 ?

Checking P25 :

Pin 1 15Vc : Present, 15.8V
      Pin 5 STBY5V : Present, 5V
      Pin7 S0 : Low
      Pin 8 S1 : Low
      Pin 9 PANEL Main_ON : 3.3V
      Pin 10: SOS4_PS : low

As this is the only way the A-board now can "sense" anything on SS/SC/SU/SD/D boards ( via SOS4_PS - D5 is disconned), I seems left with only A-board or P-board as possible failures, since the 10 red blinks are persistent. Two bad A-boards, with exactly the same behaviour ???

Please correct me if I am wrong !

Comment

10 blink with supply, 'VSUS' OK from PSU is 99 times out of 100, the SC Board faulty.
        Guess its the infamous TNPA5081....
        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Thank you

But I tried the following :

Disconnect the SC20 on SC board, and no change, still 10 red bkinks.
          This should exclude the SC board ( Slide 53 in attachment ) as I see it.
          With SC20 disconnected, there should be no information path to the A-board, which could give the 10 blinks. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am more and more feeling like i have been cheated on, and actually has TWO bad A-boards.
          Found a seller who has a complete kit of boards, I am tempted to buy, even though it would further invalidate the already non-existing economics of this repair.
          Attached Files

Comment

With SC20 (VSUS to SC Board) disconnected--On a working set--Gives 10-blink because the SC isnt running!

Check ALL the IGBT's on the SC, start with Q661 first...
            TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Ah - see THAT is important information

According to the guide the SC20 disconnect should give 6 blinks !
              But if you say 10, I am back on the SC board - YES ! ( Dont believe guides.... I know, I know )

Q661 has no shorts / leaks though.... 60V from C to E with G-E shorted gives no current at all ( <10uA ) - out of circuit...

Other larger semis on board : No shorts / leaks ( in-circuit, low voltage ohm meter )

Hmmmm. OK - so tomorrow evening I will change my focus back on the SC

Comment

Remove all buffer board connections from SC inc the screws, short SC50 and run set, making sure buffers dont contact anything--better still remove buffers completely taking care of panel tabs--delicate.

If it runs, there's a buffer issue--but suspect there's summit weird on that SC if there's no shorts...
                TELEFIX

Comment

Thanks again.

Alreay tried that, isolated SD/SU completely ( three connectors + 4 screws and insulating plastic between the boards ) - still 10 blinks

AARRGGHHH!

Well, one more question : On a working set, will D5 / A31 disconnect also give 10 blinks ? ( This should isolate most but A-board as I see it ) - but if it still causes 10 blinks I am as screwed as before.

And, if this is the case, I will jump to find the "weird" issue on the SC - I WILL FIND IT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by olegeisler View Post
                    Alreay tried that, isolated SD/SU completely ( three connectors + 4 screws and insulating plastic between the boards ) - still 10 blinks

Did you short sc50 while trying that?
                    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
                      Did you short sc50 while trying that?
                      Yes, I did short SC50 - still 10 red blinks. Sorry for not stating that.

Comment

Update :

Tried to read a lot of info, focused on the "isolation of A-board" - but some confusion seems to exist, there is obviously some differences between "VT20" and "G20" - even though they are built in very similar ways.

I attached a "technical guide" plus the exact service manual for the TX-P46VT20E.

Following the advice I found, I removed P7 and P6 from the P-board, and shorted 1-3 on P34 - result : Relays click, powers on - the powers down after a few seconds. ( Should produce a running set with black screen )

Also tried the above, but removed D5 - same symptoms as above ( Should produce a running set with white screen )

Green LEDs on SS and SC is lit in both tests as above.
                        This makes me conclude that the issue is NOT the A-board.

Ordered a D-board on Ebay today......

Comment

I know we are talking about a V20/G20 but i know from a fact that the V10 and G10 use the same panels. Only difference is that the V10 uses a extra D board.

SS / SC , PS and mainboard are all the same on the V10/G10.

I managed to get a G10 work in a V10 chassis and other way around. You could find out if the V20 and G20 use the same SC board. If so , you could try a longer SC20 cable and elimate the D board from the tv. You also need other white cables that go to the C boards.
                          I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                            I managed to get a G10 work in a V10 chassis and other way around. You could find out if the V20 and G20 use the same SC board. If so , you could try a longer SC20 cable and elimate the D board from the tv. You also need other white cables that go to the C boards.
                            OK, thanks for the input. The G20/V20 seems to have the same SC board, yes. For now I will just wait for the SS and D-boards I ordered - will update when I find the cause of this failure !

Comment

on a working set, if you disconnect d5/a31, the tv will start with green led on, and full white image. I think D-board is the problem on your TV, but let's wait and see.

Comment

Hi All

UPDATE : Received both SS-board and D-board today.

D-board did it, set works ! - so, D-board can actually also cause the 10 red blinks... When BOTH the SS and SC board sends the SOS7 and SOS8, due to lack of drive from D-board, to A-board, it returns the 10 blinks ( shouldnt acoording to the documentation... )

Also tested the A-board 8again ) and the SS-board, both worked. So, at least all boards purchased were OK, and the set is now working

Thanks to everyone.
                                Will just sell the excess boards again

Comment

Thanks for the update glad the new board fixed the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                  X