DELL INSPIRON 6000 BATTERY problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL INSPIRON 6000 BATTERY problem

Good morning I have a DELL Inspiron 6000 and its charger but I can not charge the battery, I do not know if the problem is the battery or the charger
    so i was wondering if anyone can tell how I go about to evaluate battery condition thanks

Re: DELL INSPIRON 6000 BATTERY problem

not very descriptive but i imagine it turns on and boots into windows? The operating system general can tell you if battery is bad or it holds little or no charge if you have a digital multimeter set it to 20 volts dc and on the plug of the charger the end that goes into laptop you will put negitive probe on outer of plug and in center there is a needle pin put the red probe there it should read.02 to .05 volts if little more is ok...also check dc jack for how loose it is, if loose good chance that may be culprit.

Comment

i would suggest trying with a new charger or battery. that would be the easiest way to figure out where the prob is. maybe you know someone who has the same laptop. just borrow his battery and see it it charges.

Comment

First check the plug on the end of charger should have aprox 19volts DC if you have this voltage then the charging circuit in the laptop needs checking this is a job for an experienced engineer not recommended for unskilled person. If you have access to one of the same units you could check charger and battery with that unit. Just a thought if the charger is not a dell original it will not charge the battery

Comment

Thank you för all answer the pc is working normaly but the battery get no charge when i plugg the power charger on it i have all the mesures named by heavymachines but i read in some thread here that the center needle pin should have 03 to 05 volts here i get 02,8volts
          when i plugg in the charger the power LED on the front becames orange and blinking very quick is it normal?
          if the charger is original or not i d´ont know do there is a way to know that?please tell me thank you

Comment

Working...
          X