Emachines D725 Keyboard and touchpad not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emachines D725 Keyboard and touchpad not working

Last thought. I wouldn't have expected this to affect the system when booting pre-Windows, but apparently it can - if you've inadvertently switched on Filter Keys you can lose access to the keyboard AND the mousepad.

Comment

its ok, im open to any suggestions. what do you mean by: ``if you've inadvertently switched on Filter Keys you can lose access to the keyboard AND the mousepad´´. i did not understand that sentence.

Comment

try to reset all the cable connection connected to keyboard and touchpad maybe it will help.

Comment

Filter keys is an option that makes typing easier for people with physical hand problems. It tells the keyboard to ignore brief or repeated keystrokes and means that keys need to be pressed for a longer time to respond. It can be switched on by pressing the shift key for 8 seconds and that can of course be done unintentionally - I heard of that supposedly happening when a cat walked on a keyboard.

I believe the filtr keys option is only supposed to affect the keyboard but I've heard of it affecting the touchpad too.

You can check if it's on and turn it on or off via the Accessibility options in the control panel.

Comment

valiant,

why don't you try troubleshooting keyboard first.
            i suggest you download the net book schematic so you will clearly see where to start troubleshooting.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by fddizon View Post
              valiant,

why don't you try troubleshooting keyboard first.
              i suggest you download the net book schematic so you will clearly see where to start troubleshooting.

regards
              thanks for the suggestion, do you know a website where i can download the schematic for this laptop?

Comment

will feed it here

http://kythuatphancung.com/download/...chematics.html

(bro, meron ba place diyan na makakamura sa overnight accommodation? hehehe plano pa lang this coming summer)
                Last edited by fddizon; 12-15-2012, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by valiant007 View Post
                  thanks for your advice, i tried booting it up on hirens but with the same result. seems to be a hardware problem. do you have any suggestions where i can check for the hardware prob?
                  its time to take it apart get the motherboard exposed and start checking fuses and continuity on ribbons and look for obvious shorts or corrisions...you will need a dmm

Comment

well im not expert but after i tested it with another working keyboard i i would replace Keyboard Controller (KBC KBC773L)...
                    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
                      well im not expert but after i tested it with another working keyboard i i would replace Keyboard Controller (KBC KBC773L)...
                      that is a way too fast to conclude.
                      our friend here is trying to learn too.
                      kbc pins goes to kb connectors. it will be worth checking. also check for unusual on the chips pin.

if there are corrosion on pins, clean the pins with cleaner and tooth brush.
                      flux and heat, cool it, clean and test.

i bet you know what to do. i wrote just in case

regards

Comment

will feed it here

http://kythuatphancung.com/download/...chematics.html

(bro, meron ba place diyan na makakamura sa overnight accommodation? hehehe plano pa lang this coming summer)
                        thanks for this. it is greatly appreciated.

(Mail mo lang ako ng mga details para hanapan kita ng mura.)
                        _________________________________________________________________
                        Free Computer Service!!!!!!!!!
                        If We can´t Fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                          its time to take it apart get the motherboard exposed and start checking fuses and continuity on ribbons and look for obvious shorts or corrisions...you will need a dmm
                          ok ill thy this suggestion. its just that ive been fixing laptops for some time now but i just started on board level repair recently so im quite new with this stuff. ill open it up try your suggestions. thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
                            i may consider this suggention sir but it will be my last resort. ill try testing the other parts first before i replace the keyboard controller. thanks for giving time for this suggestion.

Comment

that is a way too fast to conclude.
                              our friend here is trying to learn too.
                              kbc pins goes to kb connectors. it will be worth checking. also check for unusual on the chips pin.

if there are corrosion on pins, clean the pins with cleaner and tooth brush.
                              flux and heat, cool it, clean and test.

i bet you know what to do. i wrote just in case

regards
                              thanks for the suggestion. actually im quite new on board level repair so any suggestion you give me on how to check and what to look for is a lot of help for me. ill try all your suggestions. thanks for giving time to give me this suggestions. it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

i still have a prob with this. does any of you guys have other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by valiant007 View Post
                                  i still have a prob with this. does any of you guys have other suggestions?
                                  check for shorts if both touchpad and keyboard not working see if there is a component on motherboard that shares resources between those two i/o's check for shorts, corrosion etc sounds like possible liquid damage check it over use a schematics to show you all what is what that controls those functions .

Comment

Working...
                                  X