• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics

An old display at undisclosed location.
    Attached Files

Re: Pics

very nice, seperate transformer, trippler & focus block - is it a Trinitron tube??

Comment

Originally posted by WeaselXP View Post
      An old display at undisclosed location.
      Nice also. My back hurts just looking at it. Are you afraid that we will find your treasure spot?

Comment

Looks like old military stuff....
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Hitachi tube, Aydin controls / display circa 1988. Industrial facility.

Comment

process monitors.
            so it's a power station or chemical processing plant??

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              very nice, seperate transformer, trippler & focus block - is it a Trinitron tube??
              I thought it was Sony (Trinitron) as well, given the built quality (particularly the various boards and cap choices).... that is, before WXP wrote what it is.

But yes, Hitachi is the other one that makes nice CRTs like that. My Hitachi CM814 CRT monitor looks like that inside as well. Absolutely beautiful work with no corners cut.

Does this CRT still work, by the way?
              I didn't get much what's going on from the topic title and short description in the first post.
              Last edited by momaka; 06-12-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

A good quality built and nice pictures .. I still have many resistances like those 820 ohms 10 W ..
                Who knows ...

Comment

The listed malfunction was "dim picture". Some of these units were used in minor process control and would stay on for years. They are probably going to the scrap yard soon.

Comment

Originally posted by WeaselXP View Post
                    The listed malfunction was "dim picture". Some of these units were used in minor process control and would stay on for years. They are probably going to the scrap yard soon.
                    Ah, I see.

Perhaps try turning up the screen (G2) voltage? It might help them work for another few years, before the tube phosphor gets completely worn out.

If not, save the PCBs! I see lots of good components there. Even the caps - as old and tired as they may be - could still get something going with completely trashed cheapo China caps. On that note, I would trust these old caps more than I trust new garbage cheapo caps.

Comment

Working...
                    X