Firefox 57 Quantum Rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firefox 57 Quantum Rocks!

Interesting....this is the first I've ever noticed...but then again, I never really looked till now....I was curious of 57's memory usage, and discovered this.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

It seems with 57+, all legacy addons are no longer supported....so no more status bar(status4evar). Back to 55.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        It seems with 57+, all legacy addons are no longer supported....so no more status bar(status4evar). Back to 55.
        You may as well go back to 52 ESR and enjoy the security updates...
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

^ Thats where im at!
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Also be aware that they dropped support for older GPUs not supporting DX11. On a GTX 260m Firefox 57 is completely invisible - it only shows in the taskbar. The only way to get it to show is disabling the GPU in device manager then going into firefox options and disable hardware acceleration before re-enabling the GPU. It makes it run like arse tho, so i switched back to 56 on that computer and disabled updates.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Hardware acceleration appears to work for me (aside from H.264 decoding) on Intel HD 3000 graphics (DirectX 10.1).

I never noticed a performance difference, but I'm running out of RAM. My computer only has 4GB of RAM, just like a lot of new low-end computers.

Comment

The 260M is DX10.0. Maybe they kept compatibility with DX10.1 and upwards. But it certainly will no longer work on 8xxx/9xxx series cards.
                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                  Also be aware that they dropped support for older GPUs not supporting DX11. On a GTX 260m Firefox 57 is completely invisible - it only shows in the taskbar. The only way to get it to show is disabling the GPU in device manager then going into firefox options and disable hardware acceleration before re-enabling the GPU. It makes it run like arse tho, so i switched back to 56 on that computer and disabled updates.
                  if you want to stay up to date with security patches you should use firefox esr, current being built on firefox 52

Comment

Working...
                  X