Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the problem with Toshiba Intel core I Gen3 Mobos ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the problem with Toshiba Intel core I Gen3 Mobos ?

This motherboards are driving me crazy, I have here 5 of then and still black screen :
    Motherboards are PLF/PLR/CSF/CSR DCS series
    I've tried so far :
    Replacing KBC
    Reflow Chipset and Gpu
    Reball Gpu
    Flashing Bios
    Still Black Screen on the 5 Mobos, The most weird thing, I that with an external Keyboard and Mouse, both are recognized, if I press ctrl/alt del the mobo reboot's, but always black screen on internal and external display.
    What is the trick people ?

Thanks Guys
    Last edited by passete; 01-21-2016, 01:21 PM.

Re: What is the problem with Toshiba Intel core I Gen3 Mobos ?

Yes we all have troubles with it...
    Usally Gpu dies...Sometimes on uma motherboards pch is bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Djosla View Post
      So, if I buy a new GPU it could work ?

Here a photo of the mobo's

Comment

If you replaced the GPU with new one then this is internal connection damages of pcb. I think its better to not give much time for it. Cause you have done almost all the tasks.
        Last edited by subroto; 01-21-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

PCB is clean, so replacing the GPU with new one may work. At first blow the VRAM smoothly. Sometimes it works well.

Comment

Well, I still have a doubt about this, why other brands that uses the same GPU doesn't have this problem ?
            If it is always the gpu, we should see other manufacturers with the same problem, no ?
            What is pch ?

PS: on Toshiba with AMD cpu, I don't have this problem, a simple reflow and the black screen is Gone.

Comment

Originally posted by passete View Post
              Well, I still have a doubt about this, why other brands that uses the same GPU doesn't have this problem ?
              If it is always the gpu, we should see other manufacturers with the same problem, no ?
              What is pch ?

PS: on Toshiba with AMD cpu, I don't have this problem, a simple reflow and the black screen is Gone.
              Don`t think in that way...That toshiba has very bad cooling design,which combined with poor laptop maintenance brings problems...
              Also there isn`t so many laptops with that chip...At least i don`t get it here...
              You can try with 216-0833000 and you should flash proper bios after...

PCH stands for Platform Controller Hub, it`s intel chipset, the only big bga chip beside gpu on that board...

About amd board,what do you reflow? CPU or what ?

Comment

Don`t think in that way...That toshiba has very bad cooling design,which combined with poor laptop maintenance brings problems...
                Also there isn`t so many laptops with that chip...At least i don`t get it here...
                You can try with 216-0833000 and you should flash proper bios after...

PCH stands for Platform Controller Hub, it`s intel chipset, the only big bga chip beside gpu on that board...

About amd board,what do you reflow? CPU or what ?
                On Amd based, I just reflow the Gpu, no problems like those Intel Core I 3rd generation.
                The 216-0833000 that you find on amazon or ebay are reballed, they are not new, I guess that I need to retry another gpu reball.
                The Bios I use, is always the same on Toshiba support site, it's the one for C855, L870, C870 ...
                Aren't those the good ones ?
                The chipset is also reflowed, no changes, what a hell ...

Comment

did you solve the problem?

Comment

Replace the GPU.

Comment

Working...
                    X