Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P will not post

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    For all my systems, I enable verbose/text mode while booting BIOS and OS. That way, I can see where it stops/hangs, etc.
    I tried this but it did not make much difference on the UEFI bios. I prefer the old style like I stated before but this is current state of things.

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
    wtf?! i noticed in the hwmonitor screenshot u posted that the video card was overheating to 94-95°C. that is much too hot to run a gts 250! i highly recommend u check to see if the cooler is clogged with dust and also to check if the tim has not dried up.

that 38-95°C thermal cycle is going to kill that lead-free bga solder on that gpu really fast, i suggest u stop using that gts 250 until u can fix that overheating problem. the gts 250 is a mighty fine video card based on the much acclaimed g92 gpu core. u do NOT want to ruin such a groundbreaking gpu of its time like that!
    I think that number is misreported. If you look at the the min hard drive and CPU temps they are about the same ~room temperature when woken from sleep so the video card had to be about the same also which is about 35C less than shown. And no it is not clogged with anything. It has good air flow of warm air. I do intend to pull it apart and put new thermal compound on it before final assembly.

We one thing is for sure I have felt like a dog chasing its' tail.

I put the Athlon II processor in the new MB and the booting issues seemed to go away. Seems like the board did not like the other processor.

Put the Phenom II back in the MA770T-UD3P board with 8GB of ram from my sons computer and it posted. The only thing I can figure it would not post before was the mechanical connection of the socket with the processor being in there for about 6 years of heavy use. The processor may not be the most stable either as was shown with the new board. I then try the original ram in it and it would post. I then attach a drive and throw Win 7 on it. I run Prime95 and Furmark on it simultaneously. It ran with no problems for 8 hours but the system rebooted at some point after that when I checked it at the 24 hour mark.

I ran the same on the new board with the Athlon II and the 8GB of ram. At the 24 hour mark it was still going. I could not get the new board to lock up in any configuration like was happening to my dad and I even witnessed. So this new board may be OK. I have ordered a new processor and ram for him anyway. I just need the system trouble free.

Does anyone else think the CPU socket connection could have been the cause of the original faults of this board? It never dawned on me that would be a concern, but it makes sense I suppose.

Comment

Working...
    X