hp l1950 shuts off after 20 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp l1950 shuts off after 20 minutes

Hello, I have a few monitors here that have issues beyond bad caps, which through searching the forums I haven't been able to sort out, so, as a learning experience, I've decided to tackle them. The first is an HP L1950, which goes into standby after about 20 min, a few clicks on the power switch usually gets it to turn back on for a couple more minutes. No visibly bad caps, and I didn't notice any bad solder joints. f901 showed 1.3a, f903 showed 1.6a, but I'll retest those two fuses again, if needed.
    Attached Files

Re: hp l1950 shuts off after 20 minutes

As an update, I just tried the lcd panel plugged into another power board, the backlights stayed lit, and the ther board's panel in this hp, the same standby issue.

Comment

Please add Country,Mains voltage, and measurements taken on the Connector to the Logic board, while the the Monitor is working and when it goes off,particularly the pin which is marked on/off,or similar, that activates the Lamps, this should normally be approx 3v Dc or more,in both states with a PC signal applied.

Comment

Hi, sorry for the long delay, holidays and work put this project on hold, but I got a few free minutes the other night to retest the hp. I'm in Canada, 110v mains. with an old Philips 17" panel connected, the lamps stayed lit, so I retested connecting the hp lamps on at a time, and discovered the bottom plug for one of the lamps (pink wires) is the culprit. If I run two plugs from the Philips and 2 from the hp (blue wires) it'll run for hours, albeit dimly. Is there any way to bypass the bad lamp and run the panel on just the other 2 connections for testing?

Comment

Working...
        X