P5G41T No Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P5G41T No Post

I have here 2 Asus P5G41T--M LX (ones an LX3 actually, which doesn't seem any different from the other) which won't post. The fans come on, which is nice, but nothing else is happening. I wondered if anyone knows of common issues with this board.

All the caps look fine and I'm going to try and get around to testing caps and what not and if I feel brave, the MOSFETS, over the next week. I'm pretty new to this kind of thing so any pointers are appreciated. I've built over 50 systems in the past so I'm aware of the basics from a building point of view, and learning more about circuits, testing and general LX as I go. I have another working board of similar spec which I'm going to use as a general reference for testing. Wish me luck.

And this is my first post (if memory serves me right, I'll find out soon enough) but I've been browsing here now again (cool forum), so

Hi everyone!

Chris

Re: P5G41T No Post

Test it with a port 80 POST card.
    sig files are for morons

Comment

I got one these for < $2. I find it has helped solve a couple of problems.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/260754660938
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yeah I 'll get me one of those, thanks for the tips fellers. These cards are new to me and that can't be bad, especially not at these prices.

And nice sig there rc, just what I was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by rustmonster View Post
          Yeah I 'll get me one of those, thanks for the tips fellers. These cards are new to me and that can't be bad, especially not at these prices.
          When you get it, put it inside an old, but working system so you have an idea what the card does when it scrolls through all the codes. Pay attention to the 3.3, 5.0, and 12.0V led lights as well.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Will do rc. I got my tester today, thought I'd lost the booklet for it there, but found it again. Here goes
            Last edited by rustmonster; 09-12-2012, 03:11 PM. Reason: found it

Comment

Well I don't know which boards I was talking about when I said the fans come on, but it wasn't these ones. The POST tester isn't of much use unfortunately in this case but still, a handy tool that will see much use. One board just won't power on at all, won't kick the PSU up, I'll probably do that manually tomorrow and see what happens, and test all the rails on each board. The other, powers on, gives FF to the post tester immediately and hangs on that note, no CPU fan. The telling thing - there's a power oscialltion for the first few seconds, about second in length, which causes the PSU fan to oscillate and is in time with a on/off blink the post testers (FF) LED display which stabalises after a random number (2-6 blinks). Not normal I think, I'll have to get a needle on that. Oh I get no LED's from the post testers but as you say rc I need to test it on a working system to see what to expect on that note. It looks like this is a Hong Kong special tester = appalling soldering.

Any tips on what or where to look would be appreciated. I'm putting an esr meter together so that will come in handy when it's ready. The journey begins.
              Last edited by rustmonster; 09-12-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X