Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus P5Q "GREEN" Low USB I/O Port Voltage......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus P5Q "GREEN" Low USB I/O Port Voltage......

Long story short, been rocking this board for 3 years, made a memory change and poof. RMA'd (took 3 months) received board till mouse starting lagging/pausing. Thought it may have been just my wired M$ mouse taking a dump so got another, no joy.
    I use a TP-Link 722N wireless USB adapter for connectivity. Been using it fine for almost a year. 30 feet away from access point. Tried in other box and it worked flawlessly. Of the 6 ports available on the board, I was using only 3. Mouse, wireless adapter and MERC gaming keyboard. I have swapped all items out and they worked fine.
    The OCZ 700 watt ps is good to go. Bios reporting all voltages right on the money. Pin stick confirms voltages. This board has many USB header connections so rigged up an external and works great. Header voltages reading 5.08.

Stripped an old USB plug to measure I/O ports and noted only .05 volts! Sad to say I have no way to measure the mA.

I am in no way going to go through Asus's awful RMA process again. Does this sound like a fixable problem? Has anyone experienced this problem? As always thank you in advance.

I know it would be easier to stick with header and say screw the ports, but would be nice to have them back. The black electrical snake hanging out of the PCI access cover looks a bit unprofessional.
Working...
X