Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-65W850A Dead

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
    Unfortunately the panel is all taken apart, I want to make sure what's wrong before reassembling... Would swapping that IC resolve a panel ID error? Is there also an eeprom IC that could be the problem?
    O:HH.. now we do know you still have the panel out side the set LOL the fault you have now because of the panel not connected man.. you should put every things back .

Comment

This was same issue before I removed panel though, after replacing main board.. But I will try it..

Comment

But the panel back in.. no change.. It doesn't even attempt to turn on past a click and then click right back off.. Maybe a slight flash of backlights..

Any Sony techs out there, what is this orange/green flash mean!?

Comment

i repeat it again yours replacment MB defect or not match. betters let focus on yours original MB to find the fault on it.

Comment

Well I downloaded the latest software and put it on a USB drive, and plugged the TV in.

I saw some activity on the drive so I left it alone for a while. Came back and there was no more flashing lights. Unplugged the TV, removed drive and plugged in the TV again, and BAM the TV came on with OSD and a snowy pic from the tuner.... for about 5 seconds, then went out with the now 4 red blinks..

I guess we're making progress!!

Comment

Well getting to this point was a huge break thru.. then finally getting a blink code error (4 blink error = LED error, LD_ERR).

Well I had a LED driver board I had ordered when I first got the TV. Put that in and TV finally seems to be fixed!

So it looks like at the end, bad:
              1) Main board
              2) Bad LEDs
              3) Bad LED driver
              4) New main board needed software update to work

Wonder if it was hit by lightning...

But a nice 65" with minimal cost and a LOT of labor. Thanks for all the help on this one!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kevinm34232; 07-18-2016, 06:28 PM.

Comment

ive read this thread a few times now as i have the same model which was apparently knocked out in a storm where i have no standby light and no volts on the secondary "12v" side of the power supplies, i have replaced both power supplies with no luck so next is main board and firmware upgrade, from what i can gather from the thread the driver was the last thing to be replaced so were the LED'S faulty at all?

Comment

Hello. I'm having problems with this same TV but a 5 blink error. I don't know if asking here would have counted as hijacking or even posting this here so I made a new thead. Thank you.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...262#post680262

Comment

Need help just changed my main board now it turns on and shuts off right away, green and amber light flashing..how can i update my firmware since it shuts off after a second is there any other procedure
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

Read post #165

Comment

Thank you kevin i did your procedure but no luck i only saw 3 blinks on my usb drive and never saw any activity after that i dont know if im doing it wrong. Or maybe my usb is not compatible?

1)Unpluged tv then put usb
                        2)plug tv then saw the usb blink 3 times and left it for awhile
                        3)power on tv still the same problem

Comment

Working...
                        X