LG Scarlet 47LG60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Scarlet 47LG60

I have this tv and sometimes when I turn it on you can see the screen light up but it remind black. Sometimes with sound and sometimes without. After turning it on and off several times it will come on normally but have horizontal green lines that flicker and are on every channel and on the menu. It gotten worse and need help figuring out what is wrong so I can fix it as cheap as possible. Thank you in advance for any help. Also I am trying to attach image but it won't let me for some reason.
    Attached Files

Re: LG Scarlet 47LG60

Here is another picture if it loaded correctly, there's two pictures showing that the lines are moving and do go over the menus and on all channels. And on hdmi rub cat air or any input.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by casik992; 12-09-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Anyone have an idea?

Comment

Bump

Comment

The problem you're having is most likely a mainboard fault. Bad solder connections underneath the main processor on that board. Have you tried wiggling the cables back and forth unplugging and reconnecting the LVDS cable?
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

No I have not. I tried taking the back off but I removed all the screws and something was still holding it on, something g to do with where the circle is that turns the tv on. I couldn't figure it out so I left it alone. I watched a few YouTube videos but couldn't figure it out. I'll look at it more when I get home in a short while. I'll take some pics of the main board also if I can and thank you for the help.

Comment

It looks like this model has what is called a sub tcon board. When you get the back off try wiggling the cables disconnecting and reconnecting them and if that doesn't work get a hair dryer and heat up components or processors On the sub tcon board. This is the board underneath a metal cover and should be between the main board and the main tcon board. None the less use a hair dryer and heat up the processor on the main board also. This is the board with all the component inputs

Comment

FRC (Frame Rate Conversion) board.
                http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebr50556...d-assembly.htm
                Connected between the t-CON board and the main board.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                  It looks like this model has what is called a sub tcon board. When you get the back off try wiggling the cables disconnecting and reconnecting them and if that doesn't work get a hair dryer and heat up components or processors On the sub tcon board. This is the board underneath a metal cover and should be between the main board and the main tcon board. None the less use a hair dryer and heat up the processor on the main board also. This is the board with all the component inputs
                  I have the same 47LG60 LCD TV and it has the same green/pink flickering horizontal lines all over the screen. (Eg. looks similar to interference).
                  I did what you said and removed the cover off the Sub T-Con Board to expose the large BGA Processor. Then I applied heat from a hair dryer and like a miracle, the lines disappeared, and the screen is perfect. But, the lines come back when it cools down again. Heating up the other chips on the T-Con Board or the Main board did nothing.

The TV was a freebie, so I might try a reflow on the chip. Finding a Sub T-Con board for it will be almost impossible.

Comment

If it matters still I just got this model for repair. The flickering lines are caused by 2 bad capacitors on FRC board (sub tcon board). 22mfd 25v. Location C392 and C393.

Comment

Excellent detective work there, Watson...

Comment

Lol thx

Comment

Are these the caps you are talking about.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes it would seem so.

Comment

I have found when testing the smd 100uf 16V caps that they regularly fail inside the board. Buy decent quality caps for these and don't skimp on them!
                              Normally I replace all of the 100uf 16V caps to ensure a good reliable fix. The metal screening has to be cut away a little on a few of them to gain good access to heating the pads on these to remove the smd caps.
                              If you try the wiggle method of removing these smd caps it can remove part of the copper layer of the pcb!

Comment

Good evening all. I have this problem but I am not going to try and replace the Caps as I have never done anything similar to it before. However, I could attempt to purchase the part refurbished or used. Is The T'con Board the one that has caps like the picture above and has the HDMI and USB connections on it or is it the board directly in the middle of the tv at the top? I have a picture but I dont see how to attatch it(found it). I dont even know if anyone will see this post. This tv is very old but if I can just swap out a piece to fix it I will.
                                Attached Files

Comment

You sure you have same model?
                                  I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

they seem to be pretty rare, might be better off getting those 2 caps and having someone you trust put them in, that's if you have the same problem that was fixed here. its not the one with the inputs, its the frc board that was fixed by Freakafter8, its probably hiding under a cage.

Comment

Yes I have the 47LG60. The picture was from a screenshot of a youtube video. It may have been a different size model that was in the video but I figured it was similar enough. The video was in a different language so I couldn't understand it. When I look up T-Con boards, they all differ from the picture posted above by Casper250. This is what I see when looking for it...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

The frc board that had the two bad caps looks like this: https://www.electropartsonline.com/l...mbly-unit.html

Comment

Working...
                                        X