Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Sceptre X37SV Komodo Caps or Thermistors bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Sceptre X37SV Komodo Caps or Thermistors bad?

Hello y'all. I appreciate ahead of time any help that is rendered. You guys are awesome!

I've got a 37" LCD Sceptre x37SV Komodo. It didn't originally want to power on. I pulled the Power board and saw 2 25V 630uf caps that were bulging. I replaced the caps and now the TV basically only powers the backlight and shows the "Sceptre" logo, then stays at a black screen. It doesn't show any inputs or further text. I have to unplug it to turn it off.

I heated up the Power board (carefully) with a heat gun for a couple of minutes. I started the TV right away and it powered on just fine. I had an inputted game system that showed up just fine. After about 4-5 minutes of being powered on, the display became distorted and froze.

So, what do you think? Bad caps, bad thermistors or something else? I would love your input. I'm so close!

Re: Help! Sceptre X37SV Komodo Caps or Thermistors bad?

Just an update, I tried to power the TV on today and got just a red light at the front. It wouldn't respond as it has previously.

Please help, I need your professional advise...

Comment

Re: Help! Sceptre X37SV Komodo Caps or Thermistors bad?

There are probably more bad caps, they don't always bulge or leak, replace some of the smaller value electrolytics possible values are around (1 - 33 uf @ 25v-50v)most likley in the primary circuits. as for thermistors, I cant see them going bad as in intermitint.
      If you provided pictures of the power supply board you might get more answers/help.
      Last edited by R_J; 02-07-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X