Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 blinks TC-P50ST30

I cannot find the exact same symptoms.
    TC-50ST30 manufactured May 2011 six months over one year warranty was watching it and screen just went out. Unplugged and plugged back in red power light comes on but no reaction to remote or anything. holding power button down for 5 seconds then red power light flashes 14 times. Have to unplug to turn off. Have downloaded repair manual but still want to call Panasonic before I touch anything. Could it be as simple as just replacing a fuse? Nearest Panasonic repair is over 200 miles away. Was retirement gift from kids and I am dying without it, found CRT in dump for now.

Re: 14 blinks TC-P50ST30

Personally I'd be taking Panasonic on for an out of warranty repair. I don't know what consumer laws you have there but in 2011 over here they introduced laws which state the item needs to be fit for the purpose and last what would be considered a reasonable amount of time.

18 months is too short, sadly it seems be a common issue. Over here we have Consumer Affairs to challenge these situations, just depends how much effort people are prepared to put in to fight it.

Sounds like shorted Vsus at startup, highly likely it won't be a fuse.

A snip from the 2011 FHD Plasma training guide ST30

Shutdown but No Blink code - Power LED stays on (Check for Shorted Vsus* / Vda** / P15V).

2 – 3 – 5 blinks are not used.

Changes – 2010 models > SC20 disconnected = 6 blinks .
    2011 models > SC20 disconnected = 8 blinks.

13 blinks -> Internal communication error on A board.

14 blinks -> Loss of F15V from P bd. P6/pin 10 or A Bd detection.

Decrease of SOS detect time when SC20 is disconnected (no false det)

Another snip

NO BLINK, SOLID RED

LSI Error

Shorted Vsus ,Shorted Vda, Shorted P15V

14 BLINKS

This code is triggered if there are abnormalities during data exchange with the standby CPU ROM.

No F15V connected to the A board at plug-in (Open connection of both pins 10 & 11 between P6 and A6) Shorted F15V developed after the TV is up and running. Holding the power switch for over 5 seconds after the unit has gone into shut down and it’s in lock mode with the power LED solid red (Note: the LED stays on if the power button is momentarily pressed).
    Last edited by tw2005; 08-02-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Training Guide
      Attached Files

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is exactly what I have. If you just press the power button the power light stays on and you can hear a relay click. I held it on just to see if it reboots like my dish PVR then the 14 blinks and you have to unplug to turn off. Remote with new batteries does not appear to do anything but turn it on. It went off like the timer said 6 months over warranty and good bye. I will try and see if they will let me trade it in between Sears and Panasonic. Our small town dump has 8 CRT made in the 2000s still working. At 100$ per month plasma may not be in my life. Thank you for the help. and thank ou for the manual , it will be invaluable as I start the road to repair.
        Last edited by nwflight; 08-02-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

What, trade it in and buy another TV? I'd try and take them on and get them to fix it for free.

otherwise it probably only needs a SC board to get it running so the $100/month should drop to $10/month if they keep failing at 18months.

See how you go first with Panasonic, doubt yours is a rare instance. Read a few posts now and over here it seems SC board issues again with a similar model we have.

http://www.austech.info/electronics/...u30a-help.html
          Last edited by tw2005; 08-02-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Panasonic will not commit to anything untill I bring it to a authorized service center. Closest is 1000km away. Sears might kick in 100$ to repair. So here goes, will try to fix myself and will not buy Panasonic or sears for quite some time. Looking at a Sony led 50 inch. Already spent hours on hold , might as well be trying to fix it.
            Sears guy says no laws in Canada like Australia has but agrees lots of issues with this tv , however when working one of the best.
            Last edited by nwflight; 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

From reading this forum itlooks like it is best to start with tv on it's face lying down to pull the back off. Plan is to replace or repair P card as indicated from manual re: trouble shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by nwflight View Post
                From reading this forum itlooks like it is best to start with tv on it's face lying down to pull the back off. Plan is to replace or repair P card as indicated from manual re: trouble shooting.
                No, don't fall into that trap. Highly unlikely it's PSU, someone just made that very mistake with 14 blink on a P42S30 in this forum, no change.

First step is if you have a multimeter , measure the resistance at Vsus lines to the SC and SS and see if dead short. TV off .

If shorted then you'll have to isolate Vsus power to each board (SC , SS) and check at the SC and SS connectors.

Or , remove the Vsus power lead from the SC, turn the TV on, if the front LED starts flashing like it's starting up and then stops with a different SOS code (other than solid or 14 blinks) that would indicate what was just removed was shorted.

If no change, reconnect (check there's no residual voltage present), do same for SS

Could be SC or SS.

Finding a SC board for this could be the challenge. I do remember reading a post from a guy whose TV was in wty and even Panasonic had none, suggests a lot of failures.
                Last edited by tw2005; 08-06-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Have the back off with it on its face but I can change that.
                  The P board is covered with fuses so as an old sawmill electrician thats where I would go but will follow your advice. I have an old darcial movement analog meter but could go to town and find a better one. Home hardware or NAPA is all we have , any sugestions I do not want to blow anything with my meter plus memories of working with mosfets are coming back . I am grounding myself often. Thank you.

Comment

usually with the Panasonics, you can have the back off and still work with them sitting on the stand.

I usually once I've removed the back , bolt the stand and work with it upright. I'm not familar with your model so may they've changed?

if the meter can measure resistance, that's all you need at this point.

Comment

I'm going to have to go shortly, just post what you find.

Comment

Greenlee 210A multimeter 140$, I am into it now for better or worse.
                        shorted SC card. unplug and hit start switch get 7 blinks.
                        Looks like a job to get it out.
                        Last edited by nwflight; 08-06-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know wht the resistance should be between pin1 ans pin 3 at SC2 . Where vsus enters the SC board.
                          Cannot see anything visual but no resistance twixt pins.

Comment

You can see from a few hundred K ohms to M ohms. I assume twixt means between.

So you're saying you have dead short on that connector? If so that is the fault.

next trick will be to also check the buffer boards for shorts as well and to locate a SC board.

Board maybe repairable, had a guy over here who found 3 shorted FETs and got away with replacing just those. generally it's not that simple.

Is your SC board, marked TNPA5351 AQ, or TXNSC1PHUU ? looks like I'm wrong about supply, quite a few out there now.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-t...u-sc-board.htm

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PANASONIC-TXN...item2c71532a18

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-TX...item3ccaaa2c5f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TX...item565899ecc5

Are the buffer boards TNPA5336,5337 Rev AB ?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by tw2005; 08-07-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

TNP A5351 DIP A4 . I do not see the AQ
                              nothing visible wrong on board. I have the schematics but are hard to read. Looks like 3 caps to start the circuit but look ok. The manual you posted has one checking a transistor looking discrete device for shorted but in my case that part is ok.

I have an 800 number for parts that the Panasonic supervisor gave me when telling me I am on my own 6 months off warranty.
                              ready to check buffer boards when you have the time. That photo is my board exactly.

Panasonic parts number in Canada 1-800-663-6060 I have not tried it yet.
                              Last edited by nwflight; 08-07-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Sorry for ignorance but what letters would be a buffer board?
                                Found the AQ on the sticker.
                                Last edited by nwflight; 08-07-2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

SU, SD or SM.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sc board on its way from shop jimmy. 80$ approx includes 30$shipping.

Comment

5336AB, 5337AB Is there a safe way to test these? Helpful guy from shop Jimmy says they often sell all three together.

Comment

Thinking about removing components from sc board one at a time until short clears. I see 3 transistors in a row that may have been warm from the looks underneath but the legs do not ground. However the six down the middle of the board all legs are grounded.
                                        Any suggestions of a source for these components.

Comment

Working...
                                        X