Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN43D450A2D No Video

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    Glad it's fixed. Apply the update to the firmware to avoid a second replacement!!
    I know what firmware is, but I've never updated it on a TV before. Is there a guide on how to do it, or is it simple? Does Samsung provide the most up to date version?

Comment

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...PN43D450A2DXZA

Select "Manuals & Downloads" > "Firmware". The EXE is the firmware file. The PDF is the instructions for the file. You need a USB memory stick for the upgrade. It takes around five minutes from what I remember.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...PN43D450A2DXZA

Select "Manuals & Downloads" > "Firmware". The EXE is the firmware file. The PDF is the instructions for the file. You need a USB memory stick for the upgrade. It takes around five minutes from what I remember.
        Awesome; it worked. I had an issue with the USB drive at first, but got it to work. You may want to note to anyone else who can't get the TV to recognize the new firmware that this model at least won't recognize NTFS formatted drives. They have to be FAT.

Thanks again.

Comment

i am also having problems with this tv on my set i checked the vs and it showed .04 meter was set at 200vdc and va didnt read anything im hoping i tested it right red lead to tp and black lead to casing

Comment

I have the exact same problem identified in this thread and the technical information here is immensely helpful. Reading thru the thread I think either my X-main or Y-main board is probably bad.I removed both the X-main and Y-main boards and ohmed out all the FETs and none are shorted. None of the capacitors are obviously blown up. There are no other burn or char marks on the board either. I did not try the power up voltage test. Are there any other troubleshooting tests I can do to determine whether it is the Y-main or X-main board?

I see I can purchase a Y-main board on ebay for about $30 and that is not bad. The X-main board seems a little more expensive except for repair kits which are about $30. Does anyone have experience with these repair kits? It looks like they come with a few FETs and resistors. They say the fix problems 90% of the time.

One other small problem I encountered is that when removing the 2 large ribbon connectors from the X-main board I broke the connectors. The locking mechanism is nearly impossible to remove. I can probably still use the connectors but the locking mechanisms on one side are missing. I might be able to pot the connector with locktite or something like that. Attached is a picture of the broken connectors. Does anyone know a place to buy these connectors?
            Attached Files

Comment

Please read through this guide to see if you get test patterns:
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2

If not, you will need a digital multimeter to do the rest of the repair work.
              Tom, Wondered if you'd please clarify something. If he would have seen the test patterns, would that indicate a failed control board?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisV View Post
                Tom, Wondered if you'd please clarify something. If he would have seen the test patterns, would that indicate a failed control board?
                It would indicate a failed main board. The control board is OK.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you. After asking, I realized that your full original post already answered my question. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by RFurball View Post
                    I have the exact same problem identified in this thread and the technical information here is immensely helpful. Reading thru the thread I think either my X-main or Y-main board is probably bad.I removed both the X-main and Y-main boards and ohmed out all the FETs and none are shorted. None of the capacitors are obviously blown up. There are no other burn or char marks on the board either. I did not try the power up voltage test. Are there any other troubleshooting tests I can do to determine whether it is the Y-main or X-main board?

I see I can purchase a Y-main board on ebay for about $30 and that is not bad. The X-main board seems a little more expensive except for repair kits which are about $30. Does anyone have experience with these repair kits? It looks like they come with a few FETs and resistors. They say the fix problems 90% of the time.

One other small problem I encountered is that when removing the 2 large ribbon connectors from the X-main board I broke the connectors. The locking mechanism is nearly impossible to remove. I can probably still use the connectors but the locking mechanisms on one side are missing. I might be able to pot the connector with locktite or something like that. Attached is a picture of the broken connectors. Does anyone know a place to buy these connectors?
                    Err--Why did you pull the whole plug apart!
                    --Only supposed to pull the middle bit out slightly to release the pressure on the tab --which then slides out!

You'll have to kull a couple of plugs now from a dead board, I dont know of any sold separately, unless you can refit those back to the plugs.....

Before you broke it, did you check Voltages like Vs, Va, VSC, VSCAN etc...?
                    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Hi, Sorry for open a old thread.

Is anybody have the parts list for Samsung PN43D450 - LJ41-09478A ?
                      Apart from the repair kits R4026/63 looks burned. please help to find out these parts + kit parts.

Comment

It would indicate a failed main board. The control board is OK.

Hi Tom, Sorry for open a old thread.

Do you have the parts list for Samsung PN43D450 - LJ41-09478A ?
                        Apart from the repair kits R4026/63 looks burned. please help to find out these parts + kit parts.
                        Last edited by dulipra; 10-30-2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X