Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

That is correct, my fuse is still good. My T-Con board has other problems. I lifted the the legs on the IC201 reg to see if it was shorted out of circuit and it seems to be testing good. Not sure what component might be bad now. I will keep checking.

Comment

Well, TV was working good, sold it and the buyer just let me know that he lost video after 2 days. Sound and backlight still working. Assuming fuse blew again. Wish I could just find this freakin T-Con board.

Comment

Original fuse was 4a, replaced with a 5a, took days to blow, do you think there is a short somewhere in the tcon board or maybe I damaged it when soldering, it is very small and was difficult to get into place, I held the iron on there for more then I wanted to trying to get it into place...

What is highest amp replacement I should go to?

Comment

I think I'm the one that bought that TV, I did some googling on the problem and wound up here , Read through the thread and it sound exactly like whats going on with this one , I need this one fixed asap , I threw out my old tv when I got this one and have family spending a week with me starting monday , any advice on this, I haven't opened the tv yet but I can assume the fuse is blown again , I've done several component replacements on laptop motherboards so I think I can handle the repair but just need to know what the best option would be.

Shawn

Comment

@SCR open up your set and follow the steps in this thread.
            Take pictures as you go and make a list of what tests you have done.
            If it still doesnt work report back stating what you have done and post the pictures.
            post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I'm going to wait to see if I hear back from the guy I bought it from before I pull it apart , I've only had it about 3 days now , if I don't hear back by tonight I'm going to test the fuse , I see the pics in the first part of the thread showing were it is and have a multi-meter to test , but before I jump the gun I want to see what he's wanting to do about it. ( by the way thank you for the fast response that was quick )

Comment

IC201 is marked 25KA5 8C 36 can anyone find that??

Comment

What is it /does it look like - there are these diodes
                  30KPA58CA Transient Voltage Suppression Diodes Axial Leaded - 30000W Littelfuse
                  30KPA58CA 30KW Transient Voltage Suppressor
                  15KPA58CA 15KW
                  UMA58CA

A58C being the base
                  Last edited by selldoor; 08-25-2012, 01:11 PM.
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

It looks like a voltage regulator, please see post #6

Comment

BD25KA5FP this more like it?

Comment

Looks like it could be it will have to check voltages
                        http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...-E2-ND/2337075

I think we checked resistance from chassis ground to blown side of fuse and it was high, what else could cause it to blow after several days??

Comment

Different type of fuse? Original may have been antisurge or slow blow. New may have been fast blow. There is little harm in using a 6.3A or 8A fuse, as any short to ground will easily blow it.
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes new one was fast blow but beleive old one was too..

Comment

Fuse still tests good now so something else going on, no voltage on IC201. Think I may have found a replacement T-Con though.

Comment

Any new development?
                                I have just picked up one myself.
                                It seems that previously it was opened. Somebody did not reinstall properly the panel's ribbons.
                                After reinstalling them correctly, the TV run for hours without issues.
                                After a while I have decided to to a firmware upgrade and turned it off and then on again. Since then the video it was gone again.
                                Firmware upgrade did not show up on the screen and I had a movie playing, so the sound it was still on.

Comment

I found a T-Con board and it is working fine for a week now... I may wind up with an extra T-Con board aswell..

Comment

From where did you buy it?
                                    I'm surprised that mine it worked for hours and most likely if I hadn't touched it, it would have worked even longer.

Comment

I found a board from a guy in Portugal which I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I then of course found 1 on ebay the very next day (of course at a much higher price) which is the one that is in the TV now being tested for the last week.

When I first replaced the SMD fuse in the original T-Con it worked for about 3 days before it quit again to blue screen. When I checked it later the fuse was still good so I don't know what is going bad on these boards.

I also have a 47" Philips same chassis 9.1, similar no raster problem, waiting on a new T-Con board to arrive to see if same problem.

Comment

Blue screen it's a T-con problem?
                                        I don't have anything displayed, just backlight. It seems like the backlight it starts up twice. It turns on (the backlight), then becomes black and then turns (the backlight) on again.

Comment

With bad T-Con board backlight would come up first with blank blue screen then yes go off and them back on with black screen no OSD.

With good board it comes up same except you have Philips logo on screen, then goes off, then back on to normal display with picture and OSD.

Comment

Working...
                                          X