Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

OK will try, also that T-Con board is not available anywhere I could locate and there's another member looking for one on here too...

Comment

Hope you don't mind if I add, not trying to steal your thread. I have the exact same model it will not power on. I did find a T-Con board but it apparently was the last one in the world. www.plasmafix.com.

I've measured the XD part on my T-Con board and it reads a dead short. I tried looking up XD in the SMD Cook book and the same code could be used for different parts. http://www.scribd.com/doc/5752354/SMD-Catalog shows the part could be a zener diode, but not sure.

A schematic for the T-con board would be nice indeed, but I think it was part of the LCD which is manufactured by Sharp...

Ok, found some more info. It looks like it could be a fuse with a 4 current rating but I can't tell for sure which package size, it's either 0805 or 1206.
      Last edited by Hayneskr; 08-08-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

My TV turns on with backlight and sound but no picture, guy I got it from says he had Sears come out and they diagnosed it as the TCon or Panel not sure, but they said it wasn't available for repair. I think they were talking about the TCon, although there is model TV on ebay right now with a black vertical line so maybe they have panel problems too.

Comment

If I disconnect the LVDS#2 cable from the T-Con board my set will turn on and display the exact symptoms that you described. I have sound and backlight but no picture. I spoke with the Philips authorized repair tech in our area and he agreed that the T-Con board was most likely the problem. It sounds like there is a shorted component in my T-con board causing the set to go into protect mode and shutdown.

Did you say that the XD part was open on your board or was it reading 0 Ohms?

Comment

Yes I have 12v on one side and 0 on the other. Assumed it was a fuse and it's not testing good one way like a diode. Like I said I may have blown the fuse by accident with the probe when I was testing..

Comment

TV unplugged, put the meter in Ohm mode, black lead to the chassis, red lead to the end of the fuse that shows no voltage, see what resistance reading you are getting, we are trying to see if it has shorted circuits, it can be due to shorted MLCC (Muti-Layer-Ceramic-Capacitor), also may have bad regulators IC's.
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Got a minute to check this, top of XD component is 12v, 1.8v on bottom side. High resistance from chassis to both sides of XD component.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                  Got a minute to check this, top of XD component is 12v, 1.8v on bottom side. High resistance from chassis to both sides of XD component.
                  Sounds blown but to confirm test on OHMS across fuse.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It test open but, is this a fuse no one confirmed this yet...

Comment

It's in the right place to be a fuse. Definitely looks a lot like one to me.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Don't have any experience in looking these up can u point me to a replacement on digikey.com?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                          Don't have any experience in looking these up can u point me to a replacement on digikey.com?
                          http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...60CT-ND/521358

Comment

Thx I ordered it will let you all know..

Comment

Think I have finally solved the XD Fuse riddle.
                              Felt some responsibility as I raised the thought that it might not be a fuse in the first place.
                              I found reference to a digital camera fuse "xd" 4A 32v but nowhere does it state what the XD refers to. I then found a list of Camera fuse values - various letters of the alphabet including XD at 4A 32V. Some google searches then referred to this as a Littelfuse but Littelfuse do not have a fuse with an XD marking. Further hunting brought up Littelfuse/Wickmann. (I think Wickmann must have been taken over by Littelfuse or something) - a search on Littelfuse site does bring up some Wickmann Fuses but no SMD ones.

Searches on Wickmann just produced site may be for sale!!!

Back to the camera lead - found one on ebay referring to it as a FCD121400TP. That took me back to a Littelfuse on Digikey. The datsheet for that is an FCD12 Which is a Wickmann Datasheet. https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...32fdfa6aa7.pdf (I have also uploaded it in case Digikey deletes it.) Next to the bottom on on the list is the 4a 32v and it says it has the marking XD. No actual picture of it but look pretty certain. I did think of emailing Littelfuse but its a form so too much hassle.

Other pictures of these boards have a green Littelfuse so may have been replaced.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by selldoor; 08-13-2012, 07:57 AM.
                              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks selldoor that look's like you figured it out! Digikey is out of those, but I already ordered the one tom66 said, it's 5a 32v it should get us to the next step at least... At least we know it's a fuse now. Wonder what that other cylinder shaped component is...

Comment

T-Con board arrived today and I just finished installing....

TV is working!

I hope the XD part fixes yours

Good luck!

-Kurt

Comment

Awesome, did you put it back together already or could you provide some data on the working set if necessary?

Comment

Replaced the little SMD fuse labeled XD with
                                      http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...60CT-ND/521358
                                      and success! TV now has video.

The audio sounds horrible though not sure if speakers were blown when I got it. I thought maybe had to put back cover on because there is some part of the speakers built in to the back cover but it didn't help.
                                      But glad the video is up and running because still had not been able to locate a T-Con board replacement.
                                      Thanks to all who helped with this one!

If anyone knows anything about the audio please let me know!

My bad part of the speaker system is on the back cover and 4 screws on bottom need to be tightened to make contact, sound is working normally now!
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by kevinm34232; 08-19-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Glad to you got it fixed!

I am still planning on trying to fix my T-Con board. I think IC201 is shorted. I will take it off the board tomorrow to measure it out of circuit.

-Kurt

Comment

So your fuse was good?

Comment

Working...
                                          X