Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ800U power supply light 2 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ800U power supply light 2 blinks

also, i just checked the cap on 301 and on avg im getting 100ohm through it then my meter goes to 1.

Comment

I have a TH-50PZ85U that had the two-blink problem and thanks to everyone on this thread my plasma is now fixed!!! I took the PS board off, took off the surface mount cap, used two wires to my 50V 1uf cap as suggested, and everything powers up like normal. It took me 2-3 hours because my soldering skills suck and I had never taken off a surface mount component before. If novice solderers are going to try this here are some tips -- take the PS board off the TV and be careful with the screws (there's still one sitting somewhere in the bottom of my tv...), get a very small tip for your soldering iron (mine was medium sized and much too large), get non-flux core solder (mine was flux core and too fat). Thanks again to the folks on this board and the excellent pictures they posted! I couldn't have done this without them!

Comment

Hi, new here, thank goodness I found you... I've purchased the electrolytic caps but haven't been able to find which way round to connect them. I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me which pad to connect the positive leg to and which the negative one.

Thanks in advance..

Jim G.

Comment

Norcal715's video shows which way
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpGKaBt8hg

Both modules are the same.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks so much...

I'm going in.... ;o)

Jim G.

Comment

Oh well it was worth a try. I successfully changed the caps but still have the dreaded 10 blink sequence. Off to the shops tomorrow for a new tv (not a Panasonic!).

Thanks for the help.

Jim G.

Comment

I have a repair kit on Ebay that fixes this issue.. Check it out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190964930298...84.m1558.l2649

Comment

With what I've read here on badcaps, and with the help of norcal715's video (http://youtu.be/LjpGKaBt8hg) I've successfully fixed my TH-50PZ80B. If it's of any use to anyone, I was getting 2 blinks (not the common 10 blinks that go with it). I selectively froze the MC201 and MC301 boards to identify which one was the problem. Then replaced only the bad cap on that one board. I didnlt change the IC. I was able to do it in situ, but it was awkward! Thanks to everyone for the info in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenqi View Post
                    Finally I fixed it.

I only cool the ceramic capacitor on the power supply boards MC201, it could power up, so that cap is bad cap.
                    I bought 10 common 1uf 50v capacitors for 1 dollar, and use 1 to replace the bad cap. It's hard to sold because it's too small, I almost damaged the curcuit, so I use two soft / small wires to link to the new cap as show in the photo, and it works fine !
                    Can you please tell me what caps I need to buy and where I can buy to fix this issue? I have the TC-50PZ800U plasma, and my problem sounds identical to Sevenqi, the original poster of this thread. Thanks!

Comment

thankyou so much! I fixed my tv.
                      th-50pz800a melbourne
                      2-blink
                      Cool the ceramic capacitor on the power supply boards MC201, it power up
                      Solder a 1uf 50v BIpolar capacitor to replace the bad cap. very hard
                      I did it. thanks again.

Comment

I too am getting the 2 blink code only without the 10 blinks. I have tried freeze spraying both sub boards but still tv will not start. Is this still likely to be down to a faulty smd capacitor on one of the sub boards? Or does the the lack of effect of freeze spray point to a fault on D board?
                        The training manual states to check for short circuit on pin1 of P7 to ground. Which in this particular case there isnt. It then states that if 15v is not present on pin1 of P7 on start up to replace p board if it is present to replace the D board. In this particular case 15v is present briefly before shutting down with 2 blink code. Is this still likely to be down to a faulty sub board cap even with lack of effect of freeze spray?
                        All comments appreciated.

Comment

To those that may be interested found out from further tests that on this occasion the 2 blink code was caused by a short on the SC board.

Comment

That's only the second bad SC board I've ever heard of on a PZ80 out of hundreds. They are pretty reliable. Glad to hear it's fixed thanks for the update.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have the Panasonic TH-50PZ80U with the 2 blink error. I believe the repair is likely the same as listed here. I have attempted to replace the capacitor on the MC 201 but as my soldering skills are somewhat newly obtained I believe I may have ruined the board. It resembles a charred mess as I can't see both posts any longer. I will post a picture of the board and hopefully someone can advise next steps. If its done-for, please advise how to find a replacement MC 201 as I can't seem to find one or am looking by the wrong numbers. I am able to reseat the P25 connector (prior to my seelf made issue) and the tv would power on and work fine until I power cycled it again.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Search ebay, there are some repair service for MC201. If you didn't ruin the PCB, try the board MC201 without that bad cap to see if this works.
                                If the PCB was ruined, then try to download the datasheet TEA1611T and fix it or go for reapir service.

Comment

You have caused some damage to the board, but it is repairable. I know this because I did the same on my first repair (on one pad.)

You just need to put the capacitor across the pins 11 and 13 of the TEA1611T chip. This is easier if you glue the capacitor to the top of the chip first. The negative side of the capacitor goes to pin 11.

I do recommend you have a professional try it though unless you feel confident.

Comment

Thanks guys for your knowledgeable input.

I want to verify your direction prior to trying this. Attached is a diagram of what I believe you are suggesting I do to remedy this problem I created. If I understand correctly, I should solder my cap onto the top of pins 11 & 13 which are already soldered in and that will circumvent the cap and connections I damaged? I drew on the diagram attached what I believe this will look like. (please no comments on the poor artistry) HAHA
                                    Attached Files

Comment

That is correct......negative lead from cap goes to pin 11....
                                      As Tom66 suggested,glue cap on top of IC first,then you can easily bend the legs to pin 11&13 and solder them on,double check that you don't have a solder bridge between any of the IC legs...
                                      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Ok thanks! I will verify but I did not replace the ic so hopefully they were good from the factory. I assume it is okay to do this same capacitor replacement method on the MC301 while I have the pcb removed? In the event that MC301 is the culprit for my issues.

Comment

Yes,I would do both......
                                          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Working...
                                          X