This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

The front power LED turns on, but no picture or sound.

Anyone run into this model before?

Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

No idea... Elektrotanya gives nothing.

Just remember with a TV with "no power" fuses could be pulled and screen could be cracked - double check the LED does light as when my dad (no blame on him) forgot when picking one up, and got a cracked screen.

How much is it costing you?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi i have the same model with same symptoms no picture no sound just a red led power indicator when power is pressed it turns blue makes clicking noise from relays and nothing after pulling off back cover pushed power button same clicking no picture and i noticed the logic board has an led and it flashes and the main power board has a light bulb next to the relays which does not light up notta nothing , if i disconnect the z board no changes if i disconnect the h board it does change the clicks to one click , after probing around with multimeter i found there are dead shorts on the main power board along with open circuts on one cap and a resistor and dead shorts on other resistors and several power fets show dead shorts but i have a hard time thinking that so many components failed all at once even thou its an rca its has samsung all over it on the inside along with another model number lol anyways i will post some pics thought maybe somebody has messed with this one before and know right off hand what it is........

Comment

Also thanks to this forum i have salvaged many panels this will be my first plasma and my first time of neeeding to ask for help on this project lol thanks for any reply...

Comment

Anyone willing to help? Any ideas? Anyone?

Comment

Anyone every find the problem with this TV? I just picked one up. It turns on and clicks a few times. If you unplug the Y sus??? then it only clicks once when pressing power on and off. What are the known issues on this model.

Comment

I have the same problem with this TV. Does anyone have the fix for the problem??

Comment

Known issue is the Samsung PDP module has a lot of X-main failures.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

My problem started out with sparkles on the screen. I had OSD. I disconnected the Y main board to test for shorts or failed components. When I reconnected the Y main, the PS board relays just clicks and I get red LED light. When I power on the set with the remote, I get clicking and VS and VA does not show 207, and 54 volts. I also noticed the fuse located near the AC input has no reading. When I disConnect y main and I get two clicks from psb relays and 207 15 and 54 volts for VS and VA

Comment

Opps I meant when I reconnect the Y main board last sentence

Comment

Try with Y-main connected, X-main disconnected.

Comment

I think I did that but ill go back and do it again. I didn't have this problem until after I disconnected connectors. And I tried finding the service Manuel for this set with no luck. I'll get back to you but if my memory serves me correctly, I had the same problem with the X main disconnected also. But I check it again

Comment

It's basically a cut-down Samsung PS/PN42B450.
                          http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

Comment

Wow thank you for that link!!!! I check it out

Comment

Well I worked on this TV again. I disconnected the x-main with Y-main connected and I still get the multiple clicks. VA and VS are abnormal. I reconnected the X-main and disconnected the power cable to Y -main and I don't get the multiple clicks and Va ans Vs are 207 and 54 volts. The logic board has flashing LED. I checked the Y-main for short components and found none. I checks esr on the caps and cap capacity and they were all fine. What's interesting is on the power supply there are two fuses. I get no reading with The fuse on the primary side and the fuse is not blown.

Comment

Any suggestions ??

Comment

I have an osciloscope and DMM and would like to find the short component on the y-main

Comment

Fluke 87 V is DMM I have

Comment

With a scope, you can verify the Y-main and X-main functionality. Do you have a 10X probe, and is your scope rated to 400V or more?

Comment

I have a Rigol DS1102E for 10X probe

Comment

Working...
                                        X