Viore 26" LCD TV Backlight Inverter issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viore 26" LCD TV Backlight Inverter issue

Hi everybody, I have a 26" Viore LCD here Model LC26VH55. It was showing a picture and rapidly flashing the backlight for awhile now its just dark. I can see it is displaying images with a flashlight. So I'm guess i'm in for a new inverter board right? the one inside is stamped CMO I260B1-5UC-A001B / T87I027.09 / 27-D024386. Do I have to replace with the exact board or can I switch to one thats close like this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VIZIO-VA26L-BACK...item56436069ebf
    its very close just wondering since I am so new at this,
    Thanks!

Re: Viore 26" LCD TV Backlight Inverter issue

If you are going to be a regular member here, please use the manage attachments feature to upload your picture and please do not post inline. There are several reasons why as stated below

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...5&postcount=12
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK sorry I didn't know how to do that, will do from now on!!! Thanks retirecaps

Comment

Originally posted by itek View Post
        It was showing a picture and rapidly flashing the backlight for awhile now its just dark. I can see it is displaying images with a flashlight.
        1) Did you check to see if there are any SMD fuses on the inverter board? If yes, do the fuses measure less than 1.0 ohms?

2) Did you check the secondary inverter transformer pins to see if the ohms readings are within 3% of each other?
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

will check and report back asap, thanks again

Comment

OK it seems there are 3 SMD fuses on the board although they are labeled F2-F4, they all report 0 ohms resistance.
            Each transformer reports back very close, definitely within 3%.

Comment

they are labeled F2-F4,
              If I were designing a board, I would starting numbering with 1. That said, check for a F1.
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK I found it - F1 0.75A / 76V, test 0 ohms,, the other 3 are white this ones black it was blending in
                Last edited by itek; 04-23-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

1) Your photos are too low in resolution to see the part number, but try checking the 8 pin IC for shorts. You will have to read the part number and look for its datasheet.

There are 6 of them. There are 2 ICs "sandwiching" each of the 3 caps on the inverter board.

2) What brand and make are the caps. You could try changing them?
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK the mosfets are AO4614, I'm new at this and trying to decipher the datasheet on how to test them. is it "Static Drain-Source On-Resistance" or "Gate Resistance" i'm going for? My multimeter is a fluke 179 and always wants to "auto range" is this ok or should I always set it manually?
                    The caps are as follows:
                    1. (no name?) KZH 35v 390uf
                    2. Nichicon HV 35v 270uf
                    3. Rubycon ZLH 35v 390uf
                    Thanks,
                    Jared

Comment

OK the mosfets are AO4614,
                      See section on MOSFETs at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=13

My multimeter is a fluke 179 and always wants to "auto range" is this ok or should I always set it manually?
                      Nice multimeter! Leave it at auto.

The caps are as follows:
                      1. (no name?) KZH 35v 390uf
                      2. Nichicon HV 35v 270uf
                      3. Rubycon ZLH 35v 390uf
                      KZH is made by United Chemi-con (brown sleeve with a little "crown" symbol).

All 3 caps brand and series above are quality low ESR as per

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thank you very much retiredcaps for being so helpful, i'll check the mosfets tomorrow morning an post results.

Comment

Working...
                        X