Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 65R6E3 - Power cycles no backlight

Hi folks.. Would appreciate your help.

Hisense TV that doesn't turn on (no pic, no backlight)

Flashlight tests shows activity on the screen (Hisense ROKU) then off then again.

On the connector from PS to main, I see Vstandby (2.5 V), VAMP (16.9V) and 12V (11.86 V)

As the TV cycles, VAMP goes from 16.9 to 17.6V then back to 16.9V

Any thoughts? never seen a standby voltage as low as 2.5V. Not sure if backlight is bad, but that doesn't explain the reboot cycle - right?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jason123; 02-25-2022, 10:37 AM.

Re: Hisense 65R6E3 - Power cycles no backlight

The Roku TVs when first plugged in, turn on, take a minute or two to boot and then go into standby mode. The TV needs to be turned on a second time to get out of standby. I would suspect bad LEDs. Vstandby may be a logic signal from main to go in and out of standby.
    Last edited by neilc6; 02-25-2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks Neilc6. I have attempted a restart. Tv is non-responsive to Remote it seems. Just stays in the on / off cycle (No backlight, just flashlight test screen activity)

Do bad LEDs explain this?

Comment

If you have no backlight, backlights are suspect. With a LED tester you can power one string of the backlights independent of the power supply so at least you can see the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
          If you have no backlight, backlights are suspect. With a LED tester you can power one string of the backlights independent of the power supply so at least you can see the screen.
          All the strips are connected together, so one string, and not lighting up.. so I'm hoping this is it!

Comment

Thanks neilc6 ... LEDs were the problem, though I've never seen a TV that continuously reboots and doesn't respond to remote / Push buttons because LEDs went bad.

Anyway, it's up an running with repaired set (lenses never align right) so a new LED set on-order.
            Thanks again

Comment

I install lens with led lit, looking straight down on them. New set is best option though.
              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
              X