No announcement yet.

KDL-70R550A Peeled off LCD Tabs on left side and perfect picture for 5 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDL-70R550A Peeled off LCD Tabs on left side and perfect picture for 5 minutes

Hi Guys,

Thought I might try and seek advice on an issue I am having, I got this SONY tv for free that was having some dark greenish colouring, I replaced the T-CON and too my suprise the TV would not boot - I would get 5 blinking red LED lights. I dug deeper into this forum and someone mentioned the fact that it might be the tabs that connect to the LDC panel, and peeling them off should bring back a clear image. I tried this on the side of the T-con that was causing the tv to not boot when plugged in (left) and wow a perfect picture and was booting up fine! All was well and good for around 5-10 minutes and then the TV started glitching out and colours going crazy, flickering a what not, I have attached a picture of what it looks like right now.

Also another notable thing I should mention, is that the colours went wackey and then I left it over night and turned it on this morning and it was working fine again, for about 5 minutes and then the same thing happened.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas as I am shattered to see it not working!

Thank you all heaps!
    Attached Files

Re: KDL-70R550A Peeled off LCD Tabs on left side and perfect picture for 5 minutes

Sorry but its scrap already

Comment

Re: KDL-70R550A Peeled off LCD Tabs on left side and perfect picture for 5 minutes

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
      Sorry but its scrap already
      Hey mate, sucks to hear that. May I ask how you came to this conclusion?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Davidhames View Post
        Hey mate, sucks to hear that. May I ask how you came to this conclusion?

Thank you
        Im giving answers purely based on my experience and the pictures that you posted. Horizontal lines most of the times means a faulty screen.

Next time try another approach and don't mess with the screen at first. Try mainboard, psu, tcon. Everything is replacable except for the screen.

I think you should try selling the board on ebay for a profit.

But lets see if there are any other members that might offer you a solution.

Comment

since you played with cabling as part your testing / checks.... check to ensure all the cables are seated correctly as even a bit of misalignment or damage to the ribbons can be a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X