Sharp LC-40LE431U Manual control buttons not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-40LE431U Manual control buttons not working properly

I have a Sharp LC-40LE431U TV. The symptoms are when plugged in, the control buttons on the right side panel don't seem to want to work correctly. I get a solid red light. But when I press the Power button, it does not power on immediately. I have to keep pressing ALL the side buttons randomly until finally the solid green light is on. Then when pressing each additional button, they do not always respond correctly, if at all. Pressing the Volume button might bring up the Menu, or vise versa. Even if I can get the Menu screen to come up and scroll through the selections, I still cannot select any of them to connect to a source. Will a complete repair kit solve this, or is it a simpler fix?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-14-2022, 06:42 AM. Reason: Added model number to thread title

Re: Manual control buttons not working properly

might not work but start with simple first, unplug tv from power, try to get a little isopropyl alcohol in between each button and push the buttons lots of times, always remember to give plenty of time for the alcohol to dry up but it usually dont take too long.

Comment

can try a reset, see if this works for you: https://www.google.com/search?q=shar...359AOB94DwDw15

Comment

does the remote do the same thing? you can try a universal remote if you dont have original, seems like sticky buttons tho.

Comment

Working...
        X