Panasonic Tx-P50G20B faulty main board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Tx-P50G20B faulty main board

I have a Panasonic viera plasma Tx-P50G20B which has a faulty main board. The picture freezes after about 30s and appears to lose vertical hold before finally going black. The main board part number - TNPH0838 (1) A - is common to several Panasonic tvs across a number of ranges however there is a second part number (TXN/A1LTUB for the 50") which is unique to each model.
    My question is, given that the TX-P50G20B 50" differs from the TX-P46G20B 46" only in the physical size of the screen, is it possible to use the main board from the TX-P46G20B in a 50"? The secondary part number differs by 1 letter (TXN/A1LNUB for the 46") and I am assuming that it refers to a firmware difference - possibly simply reflecting the model number correctly in the menu system. Has anyone ever tried this or does anyone know if it is possible?

Re: Panasonic Tx-P50G20B faulty main board

Did you repair this issue ?

Looking at my 46G20 which I got a control board for off of eBay, the picture goes black during warm up with red flashes, I've not investigated much since it generally works once warm. The problem is the service manual says a different part number to the eBay listing although set model number was the same, unfortunately chat GPT isn't going to help here ��

Comment

Working...
    X