Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG55UB850V no picture or audio - flashing LED's help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG55UB850V no picture or audio - flashing LED's help please?

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    i am confused how it come the 2 caps as you said they were like that before. however we do have 2 photos 1 they look aligned in place and the 2 absolute moved.
    another matter you didn't explained about the Coil Filter 2R2 close to them.. did it top shape was also so !!
    let say yes. you are right. you applied heat while the set ON and you stooped after LD start to lit on. i wrote before yours set didn't complete the boot. this why we don't have panel_VCC on F1 high. the heat just glitch it to complete the last boot steps. tv turn on. but like clock each 2 seconds there are some where at booting steps try to jump .. this is may calculation it may wrong too. but i think deeply your issue at MB .. unless the heat spike signal to effect the main chip of T-CON. this why when disconnected one ribbon the noise out and the panel_VCC stable.

finally. i would suggest you.
    first right now remove the wifi module... you can later plug it in when every things correct
    second before you did pressed the rest micro switch on the MB. so check them if one of them remain pressed. you can do it with yours DMM peep ton when you press it should peeped then if they are both fine turn on the tv and try one by one to press 2 seconds only.
    third. if you are okay with.. try to replace T-CON its small investments before you go to big one in case MBs i think the data clock at it cause this.. when panel disconnected this data rail will be open as no act from panel to it

others caps you mentioned... they are for tuner chassis
    I think the problem we have is with the angle of the camera in some of the photos. It can make things look different to how they look to the naked eye.

Regarding the coil filter 2R2, again the camera photo might look like it has some sort of heat damage, but it looks completely normal to the naked eye, and identical looking to the other 2R2 coil filters on the board. My meter doesn't test inductance, however all 3 of the 2R2 coil filters read 1.5ohms when on the resistance setting.

I have checked the micro switches and they are not stuck down. When pressing or pressing an holding for 2 seconds, they briefly stop the buzzing and the LD goes out, then the LD comes back on and after a second or so the 2 second buzzing cycle begins again.

I see there are quite a number of T-Con boards for sale second hand which have the correct part number for my tv, so I think for the relatively small outlay it may be worth buying one and swapping it out to see what if any difference it makes. If no different then I can hopefully sell it on again!

There still aren't any second hand main boards for sale anywhere that I can find - lots of hits on google search but they all show 'out of stock' of used second hand boards.

Comment

if you do reset from the menu setting at which state after restart the buzzer will start.... same way if you send instop... we may find the start steps which cause this buzzer during boot

Comment

what main board number is used in your tv it shoult start with EBT i think, (number maybe on a sticker etc )

Comment

After performing a factory reset from the tv menu, I have noted the following.
          At first boot up, and every subsequent power on, the following sequence takes place:
          1) tv in standby. No buzzing. Nothing on the screen. Press power button on RC or tv, red status LED at front of screen flashes for the first time. LD2300 on MB is now lit up solid red.
          2)After approx. 0.5 seconds LD1900 on MB lights up red for approx. 0.5 seconds and goes off again. Red status LED at front of screen flashes a second time. After approx 0.5 seconds LD1900 lights up red again and stays lit up this time. After another 0.5 seconds the backlights turn on.
          3)LG Logo splash screen appears on the TV correctly. After another 0.5 seconds the buzzing starts and 2 second cycle of buzzing and screen issue has begun. LG logo then disappears but is affected by the screen lines and brightness issue before it disappears.
          3) Red status LED at front of screen flashes third and final time.
          tv is now fully on.

I can step through the initial setup screens fine, all menus' and setup steps complete ok. I can navigate all tv menu's no problem. The screen looks perfect every 2 seconds.

During shutdown, the following happens:
          1) tv on, no Red status LED at front. Press power button on RC or hold in joystick button on tv for 2 seconds.
          2) Screen and backlights immediately turn off, and approx 0.25 seconds later LD1900 goes off.
          3) LD2300 stays on for approx. 1 second and there is one final buzzing - then LD2300 goes out and buzzing stops immediately as soon as LD2300 goes out.
          4) Standby red status LED on front now comes on.

My current firmware is the latest available for this model, 05.05.90, so there is not an updated version that I can try to install via either network or USB. LG do not let you install an older version of firmware, as it checks if a newer version exists already before allowing an 'update' to take place over network or USB.

The Main Board numbers are EAX6568460411.0 and EBT63083604

Comment

take out yours MB from the TV and upload clear photo of the boards back side. there are way to handle this.
            also show me yours heat gun you used before-

Comment

Here is a picture of the entire back of the board - let me know if you need a close up picture of any parts in particular

I have 2 heat guns - one large generic 2000W with 2 settings, and my gas powered Dremel soldering iron which has a much smaller hot air tip

Comment

i do suspect ONE DDR make this issue.. also

i do hope you didn't used the flame heat before..LOL .. so use the big one.
                put yours MB as the up side to the top on 4 legs stand. ( belong to yours fantasy ), put load round 1/2 Kg on the main IC sink to preform pressure down of the chips and DDR.

after you masking tight all caps in RED. you stand the heat gun under the Boards ( yellow areas ) to start heating leave it cool then install.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes it was the heat gun I used previously, not the dremel flame one lol although the dremel is good for gas level control to control the amount of heat in a small area.

I did laugh when I read your "belong to yours fantasy" comment - I think I understand the translation - hopefully you mean "use your imagination"

I'll get things masked up on the board to protect them and find a way of propping the board up allowing access for the heat gun underneath. I have a 0.5kg weight I can use on top of the heatsink too. I'll report back once I've let it cool down and reinstalled it.......

Comment

One other finding I meant to report, was in response to your picture highlighting the Q2301 NPN Transistor 2SC3052 in your post #73.
                    These are the readings I have taken with my DMM in diode mode:

- probe Base, + probe Collector = 2.914
                    + probe Base, - probe Collector = 0.716

- probe Base, + probe Emitter = 2.578
                    + probe Base, - probe Emitter = 0.719

- probe Collector, + probe Emitter = 1.577
                    + probe Collector, - probe Emitter = 2.682

As I am new to these type of device I read up about them. If I understand correctly, the transistor is effectively 2 diodes. Therefore readings should only work with the probes one way around, and you should read infinity with the probes the other way around? If that is correct, then there is something wrong with this transistor?

For reference I carried out the same checks on another transistor, Q2303, which is also a 2SC3052,

- probe Base, + probe Collector = 0L
                    + probe Base, - probe Collector = 0.707

- probe Base, + probe Emitter = 1.805
                    + probe Base, - probe Emitter = 0L

- probe Collector, + probe Emitter = 1.804
                    + probe Collector, - probe Emitter = 0L

Does this confirm a faulty transistor Q2301?

Comment

If they are both npn transistors then something is wrong.

Comment

Just to clarify - the above readings that I took were taken with the MB removed from the tv, and no cables plugged in at all.

As far as I can see both transistors are identical and have part number 2SC3052 and have LF scribed on top.

I would have expected both to give the same readings, or at least follow the same structure - reading with probes one way, infinite reading with probes the other way around.

If readings were affected by measuring while the transistors are in circuit, I would have expected at least the same pattern of readings from both transistors.

I have tried heating the area under the DDR and processor as suggested by Diah in post #87, and once cooled down and asking tape removed, I refitted the board. Sadly it still exhibits exactly the same behaviour as previously. At least I didn't make it any worse. So perhaps not a bad solder joint on DDR or processor - perhaps faulty DDR or processor instead? Unless the transistor Q2301 in indeed faulty and could be causing these symptoms?

Comment

That makes sense to me, I think I would switch it out for a new one.

Comment

I'll see if I can find a UK supplier but so far all I have found are suppliers in China and that means having to wait a month for the boat to get here! Perhaps there is an equivalent to the 2SC3052 transistor that is easier to find....

Comment

https://alltransistors.com/crsearch....e=120&caps=SP0

Comment

Thanks for the link. There are a few similar transistors, however I do not know which values are ok to be different to the values of the 2sc3052? I would guess its OK to use an alternative transistor with a higher operating temperature rating, however for things like Ft, Hfe, Vce etc do those values need to be the same or higher, or the sane or lower than my 2sc3052?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoff View Post
                                  Thanks for the link. There are a few similar transistors, however I do not know which values are ok to be different to the values of the 2sc3052?
                                  maybe you are excited about yours measurements of Q2301 and yours compare with Q2303 specially both the Emitter goes to GND. this reading could confused you.. the only correct matter when this Q2301 to take it out of the boards then you can continue the excitement. WHY :

Q2301 Base receive Panel_CTL from IC 3000 ( MICOM ) Pins 4. .Micom the one turnoff the set if there are error.. and it send not ONLY CTL to Panel but also the WIFI power_ON too ( we are back to first time when you get run the set only when you disconnected the WIFI Module ) also now you have just TIMING CLK each 2 seconds the buzzer and dropping Panel_VCC which this ( MICOM ) the one send switching Panel_VCC 12V. via the Panel_CTL.

this short explanation i hope to give you the courage to mask all components round Q2301 and take it in one piece to measure it out circuit.

Comment

Thanks very much for the explanation of the transistor Q2301.
                                    I masked the area on the MB surrounding Q2301, and found a smaller soldering Iron tip so instead of hot air I used the soldering iron tip plus flux and some de-solder wick. I was able to keep the heat isolated and away from the nearby tiny resistors and caps.

I successfully removed Q2301 from the board The brown marks on the tape are just solder flux and not burn marks!

I measured Q2301 in diode mode while off the circuit board and here are the results:

- probe Base, + probe Collector = 0L
                                    + probe Base, - probe Collector = 0.716

- probe Base, + probe Emitter = 0L
                                    + probe Base, - probe Emitter = 0.703

- probe Collector, + probe Emitter = 0L
                                    + probe Collector, - probe Emitter = 0L

So does this indicate a problem/failure between Collector and Emitter?

Comment

So does this indicate a problem/failure between Collector and Emitter?
                                      wow it look hospital Operation room. did you put on white shirt LOL !!

as i expected yours Transistor at best condition , so keep it on side right now

i would like, you turn on the tv ( just be sure the place of the Transistor clean / no shorts at the pins )

at this point we will not have any panel_VCC 12V. but the tv should power on with RC... check the 12,V & 24V and 3.5 rails if they are in range and stable .

Comment

LOL you're right - it was very surgical looking! My first time soldering any components this small so I thought better safe than sorry, especially with all the surrounding components that are ever smaller!

So after cleaning up I left the transistor on the side and fitted the MB back to the TV.

System went into standby and then powered on via RC like you said. Backlights came on, and the following stable voltages:

23.98v
                                        11.89v
                                        3.533v

Back to 0.835v at fuse F1 which seems to be a 'normal' reading when no panel_VCC 12v is present - which is what I was seeing back in post #39 when the screen was not turning on.

Comment

Back to 0.835v at fuse F1 which seems to be a 'normal' reading when no panel_VCC 12v is present - which is what I was seeing back in post #39 when the screen was not turning on.
                                          okay... now we are going to see the buzzer caused by micom panel_CTL or the T-con the caps you before talked about, or we do have other issue we can narrow it by this work.

we are going to bypass panel_CTL by keeping Q2301 out side the boards and put jumper (see photo just connect the 2 points with soldering wire between them ) this is by pass Q2302 to feed panel_vcc to the T_CON.

TV should turn on normal with screen complete with hope no buzzer.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X