Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Service manual there: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/20...?page=8#manual

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      plugged it in it flashed green/orange for about a minute then went out then turned green for a few seconds then went out, turned it on with remote, have stable white dim indicator and android music.
      the tv working now at least PCB and MB 100%

just now you dont have BL on... are you sure the leds are fine????

Comment

check BL_ON on the PCB socket if its H or L

Comment

with it plugged in and off bl-on is 0 volts, powered up with solid white light and music its still 0 volts.

Comment

I tested with backlight tester, they all lit up 11 at a time with 60 on the tester screen.

Comment

This one gets the bl-on signal from mainboard right?

Comment

should I unplug the bl-on wire from connector on powerboard side, to see if the backlights will come on?

Comment

should I unplug the bl-on wire from connector on powerboard side, to see if the backlights will come on?
                  dont do it... you will toast the PCB and MB maybe.

you have BL_ON 0 L mean you have 10000000000000% LED back light issue... dont trust tester.. i told you before.. there are zener diode bulid in reverse ..any one short will pass the tester but not the set as it monitore always the currents.

Comment

I grounded out the bl-error for testing but backlights didnt come up, thats what some are doing that get the 4 red blinking lights, I wouldn't run it like that was just for testing but it didnt work.

Comment

Some are saying that this is the worse pos tv sony has made to date, inclined to believe it, backlights are hard if not damn near impossible to find, how do I test them individually? so I can identify the bad ones, they dont show any damage that I can see.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-18-2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

LVDS must connected to T-CON and other small socket to T-CON should be in place.
                        when power it on did you got any V. up and down on any of LED+ with reference to chassis ?

Comment

There's no spike, just pops on 39.5 and stays there on vled-vcc 1 and 2 pin when tested on cn6601 connector on G1B board, tcon is hooked up.

Comment

follow S.M page 142 ( check BL_ON (L or H) on main boards : IC9017 #18pin if low then go back to S.M page 136 follow it however its not accurate 5 time blinking.

of course if there no picture signal from main boards it will not turn on BL.. so if you are sure 100% the BL okay.. need to put the screen in place while trouble shooting.
                            Last edited by Diah; 02-19-2022, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Its some strange shit Diah, I got 4 blinks the first time the tv messed up, i fooled around with it and never got the 4 blinks again, still have the 2.3 volts on bl-error, will try a needle to probe the little wire 18, thanks.

Comment

its not marked on the board, but i think its 9 pins from left top pin for pin 18, the voltage is 3.24v.

Comment

crap, was i suppose to check pin 18 of the ic or the connector??

Comment

crap, was i suppose to check pin 18 of the ic or the connector??
                                    LOL.... on main boards IC9017 pin 18 , this ic are the U com. so like hearts.

Comment

I got 4 blinks the first time the tv messed up,
                                      fooled error didn't mean repair.. so 4 error belong LED driver boards G boards need to take it out and show here up and down clear photo

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                        LOL.... on main boards IC9017 pin 18 , this ic are the U com. so like hearts.
                                        Lol, ok, i was testing the dam connector.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-19-2022, 08:03 AM.

Comment

best can tell pin 18 on ic is 0v, its tiny work probe slipped a bit and touched the next one and it went back to orange/green blink, turned it off, turned back on still the same, so guess i didnt mess anything up with the probe slip, tested the voltage on the tcon fuse while i was at it, it only reads .11 volts on each side, wonder if thats because the screen isnt attached?
                                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-19-2022, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X