Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Well I'm going backwards, I put 3 iffy zeners with the over 8xx testing in diode mode in, have 170 on the big 450 v 220 uf testing cap but now have no stby or acdet voltage at the connector pins.

Comment

Hooked up 2 500v 120uf caps, have 168v on main caps, bridge is ok 160 dc and 120 ac, still not getting the stby or acdet on connector pins like before which just seems odd, can not seem to turn this board on with jumpers, guess I'll throw it back on the tv and see what I get.

Comment

Ok, Diah, I think I figured it out, IC 901 is reading short, diode mode on 4 pins in relation to neg of main cap, that seems bad. Yet when I tested for vcc and the other voltages they all tested good, hate to dig that off and scrounge up another if that isn't the problem, did I do that diode test correctly?
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-10-2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Ok, Diah, I think I figured it out, IC 901 is reading short, diode mode on 4 pins in relation to neg of main cap, that seems bad. Yet when I tested for vcc and the other voltages they all tested good, hate to dig that off and scrounge up another if that isn't the problem, did I do that diode test correctly?
          good but to late lol
          your reading could be had error... look of its pins.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Diah; 02-10-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I still can't figure out these powerboards, I have 168 v at the drain of Q600, but there's 3.5 on Q601 drain, not sure if that's normal, that's just with powerboard plugged in, removed from tv, still no stby or acdet on pins of connector. Was watching a youtube video, his IC only beeped ie showed continuity on one of the IC pins, mine beeped on the whole side, 4 pins, but it seems like the whole side is connected to the big cap, seems like they maybe should all beep???
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-10-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

About ready to throw money at a new board just to try to figure this one out, just a terrible hair pulling out nightmare.

Comment

About ready to throw money at a new board just to try to figure this one out, just a terrible hair pulling out nightmare.
                I have done thiis a few times brought another board to fault find mind easiest way at times.

Comment

Hate to do it but I tested the shit out of this thing, can't find the problem, I don't even have a light on front now.

Comment

Hate to do it but I tested the shit out of this thing, can't find the problem, I don't even have a light on front now.
                    we do know you... you have short patience .. so doesn't matter if you don't catch the cause with this tiny work... you were not the only.

Comment

No, patience isn't my long suit but I'm willing to keep at it, just can't figure out why it went from almost working to nothing but the 168 everywhere it should be but nothing else much.

Comment

With the temporary cap in I was getting the stby and acdet at first then it was gone, I put two 500v 120ufs in, on lead wires, have no stby or acdet and can't force it on, head scratcher???

Comment

Ok, what do you think about this, powerboard on bench, main caps have steady 166v, checking drain of q600, q601, q800, q801, neg probe on - of bridge rectifier and + probe on drains I might get 166v, if i take it off and put it right back on it might say 0v or 5 volts or 3.5v, ever have that problem? could it be a voltage regulator?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            good but to late lol
                            your reading could be had error... look of its pins.
                            Took readings, what do you think of the difference?
                            old board shows continuity from - of bridge rec. to pin 1 of IC901 which is G/OCP, new board does not, guess that means IC901 is bad??

Comment

IC901 datasheet: https://datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/STR-A6069H.html

Comment

Took readings, what do you think of the difference?
                                old board shows continuity from - of bridge rec. to pin 1 of IC901 which is G/OCP, new board does not, guess that means IC901 is bad??
                                yes. for me it had leak

Comment

Thanks Diah, guess I blew it by not investigating that IC close enough, do you think it could be a bad ld board that is keeping the backlights off?

Comment

Thanks Diah, guess I blew it by not investigating that IC close enough, do you think it could be a bad ld board that is keeping the backlights off?
                                    i know the screen out, did you got sound? and stable white indicator ? or at least the optical audio lit red on

Comment

plugged it in it flashed green/orange for about a minute then went out then turned green for a few seconds then went out, turned it on with remote, have stable white dim indicator and android music.

Comment

Still have 2.3v on bl-error pin measured on smaller powerboard called G1B.

Comment

On connector CN601 on G1B board theres 39.5v on pin 1 and 2, and theres 12v on pin 9.

Comment

Working...
                                          X