Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

ok, i pulled bl-on wire out of socket, not sure which "cable" i should measure.

Comment

been trying to check thru those tiny test points that look like holes in the board, 2 of them close to the ic measure 3.4v but i cant tell which one is for 18.

Comment

the same cable you pulled.. about test points u need turn off the tv and then test pin 18 to which test point conected.. u took it as test point

Comment

oh shit, i do have 3.4 volts on ic9107 resistor R9174, my goofy ass was measuring at each end of it instead of chassis ground.

Comment

i am confused and lost .... i lost. so u have maybe pin 18 v too.

Comment

ok, the number 1 wire i pulled out of the connector has 0v.

Comment

i'll hook that needle back up and test 18 again, i can do it its just tough.

Comment

18 is still 0v, i had been measuring it correctly but not the resistor.

Comment

after u check pin 18 . put back the cable at socket cn6602 and future u messure bl_on on the socket at power boards

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      18 is still 0v, i had been measuring it correctly but not the resistor.
                      remove cable pin 2 on cn6602 bl error and check bl on and bin 18

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        remove cable pin 2 on cn6602 bl error and check bl on and bin 18
                        I have cable pin 2 grounded out to pin 9 of the connector.

Comment

getting no bl-on voltage at both connectors on the big powerboard or the bl-on of 6602, thats with the cables hooked up.

Comment

getting no bl-on voltage at both connectors on the big powerboard or the bl-on of 6602, thats with the cables hooked up.
                            did you tried before to play with firmware update ???

EDIT cn6602 BL_on taken from power boards socket... any time no BL on on it will be the cn6602 same... this why we disconnect the cable on this socket and asked you to messure the cable only and it was 0 so this boards wasnt issue to kill BL_ON... the main boards didnt send it to power supply... and IC9017 pin 18 are the BL_ON

but on this same IC pin 17 Panel power on are high >3.v mean the screnn if its in place it will have picture Tourch methode.. in case the T-CON didnt send error to let IC9017 bring pin 18 down.. as your screen out... its so hard to tell as we need to know what we are talking true or not since no screen in place
                            Last edited by Diah; 02-19-2022, 01:59 PM.

Comment

yes, messed around with it quite a bit, then you said stop that.

Comment

yes, messed around with it quite a bit, then you said stop that.
                                there are way we can do with out screen
                                you need to pull the BL_on cable from the powerboards socket which it come from MB

and on the socket self feed BL_ON with power_on let see the error BL remain high and no PIN 18 high or no BL lit on. with this test you should hear music

Comment

you mean pull off 9 power on wire and 3 bl-on wire and feed the 9 into 3 of connector 6401 on the powerboard?

Comment

you mean pull off 9 power on wire and 3 bl-on wire and feed the 9 into 3 of connector 6401 on the powerboard?
                                    only bl_on cable pulled out from socket.. then on the socket feed the empty pin of bl_on from power_on.

Comment

ok, i think i get it, pull 3 and jumper 9 to 3.

Comment

ok, took 3 out jumped pin 3 with 9 put connector back on, got orange/green blinking for about 30 seconds then went solid red for a few seconds then went solid yellow for a few then back to solid red, turned on with remote, no backlights. Guess i can put the long piece with all the boards back in place and hook up the screen, none of the screws attaching the long piece to the rest are ground screws are they? or can try something else.

Comment

put every things back as it should orginal include the panel

Comment

Working...
                                          X