Vizio 32" ~ Picture OK but appx. 2 minute delay with the audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio 32" ~ Picture OK but appx. 2 minute delay with the audio

Picked up this 32" Vizio (Model # E320VA) that acquires a picture a few seconds after startup (a little slow, but nothing completely out of the ordinary), but the audio is delayed every time I start it up by approximately 2 minutes. Then, the sound always comes on.

I haven't taken off the back and looked at any of the boards yet because I am still trying a few different combinations of inputs and the amount of time I leave it in the off position before firing it up again.

Just wondering here, initially, if anyone has seen this before and has an easy explanation for such a consistent inconsistency.

~ kca

Re: Vizio 32" ~ Picture OK but appx. 2 minute delay with the audio

Quick update:

This last time, it took almost 10 minutes for the audio to come on. A bit strange considering how the first 6 or 7 times I turned it on it took almost exactly 2 minutes each of those times. Still, the same basic problem exists and any advice on how to fix it or what to look for would be much appreciated. Will open it up soon. Thanks.

~ kca

Comment

Check the voltage from the power supply feeding the audio section.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

There is a min board repair kit at SJ that might solve the problem, it might just be an eeprom problem or it might require the whole kit (3 ic's)

Vizio CBPFTXBCB02K042 Main Board Component Repair Kit for E320VA
        The Vizio CBPFTXBCB02K042 Main Board Component Repair Kit includes all commonly failing components on the Main board. Symptoms include no audio, TV turns on but there is no backlight and TV will not turn off, no audio, some or all of the HDMI ports

Comment

Well, I opened this one up and found only 10.1v on a couple of pins that should have been 12v. There were two nearby caps 470uf 25v and a 470uf 35v) that we’re both bulging. Replaced both w/ 2 470uf 35v caps I had in the collection and now both the picture and the sound is up and running on all 4 HDMI ports and on the component ports as well.

Pretty easy and quick fix. Thanks for the help on this one, guys. It is always appreciated!

~ kca

Comment

Working...
          X