tc-p50S2 10 blink SC troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tc-p50S2 10 blink SC troubleshooting

post 7 & 14 is all the info and suggestions I can give you.

UTSOURCE i got the bulk from there, there are subs for some of those common parts like the Toshiba logic chips ( eg TI) , voltage regs, signal transistors.

I highlighted parts you could strip from a cheap SS board.

Ebay and local suppliers. RS components here have free post for online purchases for Australia, maybe you have a similar supplier with same deal?

UTSOURCE has a minimum unit cost of $1 so some of those bits are like 20-50c parts.

They also tend to make the prices up sometimes, not unusual to get quoted more than their Ebay listing but I have also been quoted less too.

You will be waiting a while with the $4 post from china.

That's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
      post 7 & 14 is all the info and suggestions I can give you.

UTSOURCE i got the bulk from there, there are subs for some of those common parts like the Toshiba logic chips ( eg TI) , voltage regs, signal transistors.

I highlighted parts you could strip from a cheap SS board.

Ebay and local suppliers. RS components here have free post for online purchases for Australia, maybe you have a similar supplier with same deal?

UTSOURCE has a minimum unit cost of $1 so some of those bits are like 20-50c parts.

They also tend to make the prices up sometimes, not unusual to get quoted more than their Ebay listing but I have also been quoted less too.

You will be waiting a while with the $4 post from china.

That's just the way it is.
      I've looked at UTSOURCE a few times but am concerned about quality.
      You seem to have experience with them, have you ever had any trouble
      in that department? Also (generally) how long does it take them to ship
      an order? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by glen65 View Post
        I've looked at UTSOURCE a few times but am concerned about quality.
        You seem to have experience with them, have you ever had any trouble
        in that department? Also (generally) how long does it take them to ship
        an order? Thanks.
        I've had no quality issues although sometimes the leads look a little suspect like it could be fake but touch wood every part I've received has worked and tested similar to what they should be.

Some arrive with pre bent leads which are sometimes in the wrong direction needing careful rebending to install them . Mainly the panasonic IGBTs. Some have a R stamped and they are always bent in the opposite direction to the non R. originally i thought it was an electrical difference but now I think it simply means the leads are pre-bent in the reverse direction as part of the factory process.

I have no evidience to back the theory but no issues.

delivery is slow unless you shell out for DHL etc which adds a good chunk of $$ but if the order was large enough may work cheaper but a good 3 weeks from china to Aust, maybe 4. No idea how transit is to the US, would not surprise me if it was quicker.

They can take a while to compile the order but always well packed and static protected.

i'm confident if you did get fakes they'd sort it out, I expect their intention is to supply good parts but I'm sure they get caught themselves.

hope this helps.

Comment

I've had no quality issues although sometimes the leads look a little suspect like it could be fake but touch wood every part I've received has worked and tested similar to what they should be.

Some arrive with pre bent leads which are sometimes in the wrong direction needing careful rebending to install them . Mainly the panasonic IGBTs. Some have a R stamped and they are always bent in the opposite direction to the non R. originally i thought it was an electrical difference but now I think it simply means the leads are pre-bent in the reverse direction as part of the factory process.

I have no evidience to back the theory but no issues.

delivery is slow unless you shell out for DHL etc which adds a good chunk of $$ but if the order was large enough may work cheaper but a good 3 weeks from china to Aust, maybe 4. No idea how transit is to the US, would not surprise me if it was quicker.

They can take a while to compile the order but always well packed and static protected.

i'm confident if you did get fakes they'd sort it out, I expect their intention is to supply good parts but I'm sure they get caught themselves.

hope this helps.
          Thanks for the reply,
          I asked because I am currently working with a TNPA4844AD SC board
          with the following shorted components. 2PG011, RJP4585, RJP6065.
          These are obsolete numbers, and I cant seem to find anything to sub these IGBTs.
          The sticking point is the current spec. The 2PG011 for example, has a continuous current rating
          of 40 amps, (not too much problem there), BUT at the same time it has a
          pulse current rating into the 200 amp range. The highest I could find was
          about 160. If I cant bring myself to buy the HK semis, I'll just have to bite
          the bullet and pay the higher cost from Panasonic.
          Last edited by glen65; 08-26-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

UTSOURCE ,would have them and possibly Ebay.

DG502LW should sub ok for the 2PG011, AFAIK that one superceeded it.

RJP6065, i suspect RJP63F3 would do there

At a couple of bucks each from UT, I'd take a chance but I do not recommend purely replacing the IGBTs that are shorted and expecting it to then work.

odds are they will simply blow again.

Comment

UTSOURCE ,would have them and possibly Ebay.

DG502LW should sub ok for the 2PG011, AFAIK that one superceeded it.

RJP6065, i suspect RJP63F3 would do there

At a couple of bucks each from UT, I'd take a chance but I do not recommend purely replacing the IGBTs that are shorted and expecting it to then work.

odds are they will simply blow again.
              I wouldn't either,
              That's why I checked all other components such as transistors, diodes resistors, ect.
              Also checked the FET output pins of the M81707FP ICs for shorts. The SD and SU boards
              can be had pretty cheap, and might change them for good measure.
              Last edited by glen65; 08-27-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Ok, well hope it works out. By all i assume all the SMD stuff as well, the voltage regulators and possibly failed inverter ICs, did you measure the resistance for the P5V and P15V lines in.

Comment

Ok, well hope it works out. By all i assume all the SMD stuff as well,
                  Yes

the voltage regulators and possibly failed inverter ICs,
                  None of them are shorted, but not really a guarantee they are good.

did you measure the resistance for the P5V and P15V lines in.
                  I am assuming you are talking in respect to the circuit ground. If so
                  the yes I did. The resistance measured up into the kilo-ohms, on both
                  the 5 and 15 volt lines.
                  Last edited by glen65; 08-27-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen65 View Post
                    Yes

None of them are shorted, but not really a guarantee they are good.

I am assuming you are talking in respect to the circuit ground. If so
                    the yes I did. The resistance measured up into the kilo-ohms, on both
                    the 5 and 15 volt lines.
                    k ohms sounds like it could be ok, fet drivers usually go open on the output and or short or low ohms on the Vcc which i believe is the 15V in from the few I've played with but not your model

Comment

Here is the latest update, I started pricing parts and because they came from different sources including used Panasonic boards the price rose quite quickly and there was no certainty that I had found all the bad components.

I sat back and watched Ebay.
                      Don't you know it a week ago someone posted a SC, SU, SD board set as a new pull for $117 US delivered.

It works fine so far but I think there may be a clue as to why these boards go bad, some of the heat sinks get a bit warm so I am considering a couple of low noise fans mounted externally.

Thanks for the help TW2005, you made this a lot easier but it was still very time consuming, a great learning process.

My advice for a repair like this is to take the time to check the TV carefully at the component level looking for shorted components and missing voltages to determine which boards are bad (the blink codes were a bit misleading), then if it is a couple bad components that can be had for reasonable money fix it up, but if it turns out that there are many components then it is probably better to get a warranted used board.

The trick here I think is to take the time to verify that you find all the problems so you don't end up buying parts or boards and then have to buy more boards or damage your new boards because you missed something.
                      Once I discovered that there was a short in the SC board I disconnected it and checked the voltages on the P and A boards pretty carefully especially those related to the SC board.
                      It has been an adventure!

Comment

I had an sc board blow on my tcp50g25 13 months ago and replaced it with a new board...now 13 months later it blew again....I'm thinking its not worth the headache to find another board and repair it again. Will NEVER EVER buy panasonic again.

Comment

Working...
                        X