• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnavox 32md359b/f7 White Screen and with sound only

I don't see the VDDG at all,

Comment

Sorry my fault, I wasn't thinking when I said something like VDDG, just added a random letter.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Anything is ok at this point, so Is this french toast or maybe something else we can try?

Comment

Each of the flexes has an IC chip attached to it bonded in the flex. If the chip goes wrong, you get a bar on the screen. Usually not all the chips go wrong at once so it can point to a more common fault - such as a processing board fault (HDMI board in this instance.) Thing is, the power supply in these things are so unstable (self-oscillating, without any form of intelligent IC to control it), it's possible they passed a surge or similar through to all the drivers and toasted them simultaneously. Apparently someone had a similar problem with an LG plasma (which also uses chip on flex... half of his screen got fried due to a common fault - I wouldn't be surprised if all could be damaged at once.) I'm not sure where to go from here, there are no fuses on the board to test, all the voltages appear to be there, it's just not working.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

the fact that I play with the cables and putting them in or at right now as a last minute thing to do wouldn't make any difference....I see screen get dark, boxes appear, lines, etc... LOL..I know I'm fetching but I know I could possibly use this thing for parts..caps, etc...

Comment

If you are seeing something briefly when you play with the cables have you tried the trick in this video?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCExlSnG4yY

Comment

Well, taken everything off TV, boards, DVD drive, etc... Maybe they can become parts for something or I can make something interesting later for grandkids lol

Comment

More than likely the inverter board is still good correct?

Comment

Yes, and the PSU is probably good. The HDMI board would be the only questionable board in my opinion.

Comment

HDMI eh? I had TV out by the front lawn and just went and grabbed it lol...I can put everything back together again, but how likely is it

Comment

Thing is the only fault with that would be very difficult to trace without an oscilloscope. You could replace the board but I'd expect it's fairly pricey.

But you'll soon be checking Craigslist or similar sites for faulty TVs... once you get bitten there's no going back! Try and pick up a 32" Samsung of the R87 series - they have common issues with bad caps and are generally nice easy fixes.

Comment

Ok cool, I seen a hdmi board for 17.50 on ebay, seller has excellent rating and policy

Comment

Well if you feel like taking a chance go for it. It could be your problem and it would be a nice easy fix.

Comment

Working...
                            X