esa 42" plasma esa pdp4294lv1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

esa 42" plasma esa pdp4294lv1

having zsustain issues with this one. Powers on no pic. Blown fuse on the zsus board. I was happy to see this no name tv chock full of lg components.

I pulled the hybrid to get the # of it assuming it was bad( dead short between 5v and ground)

after the hybrid was pulled the short remains. a quick check of the hybrid finds no shorts- this hybrid might actually be o.k....

I pulled some diodes, same.. lifted the leg on one smd cap that was smashed- same.

where do i go from here? something is pulling down the 5v man..

also i did check the smd transistors and no shorts there either. I suspect one of those smd pwm ics the question is which one do you suspect?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cadillacman; 04-28-2011, 10:27 PM.

Re: esa 42" plasma esa pdp4294lv1

hey also i might replace the hybrid anyways, but no part# on it... aybody know what hybrid it takes?

this is a lg 42v6 chassis by the way...
    Last edited by cadillacman; 04-28-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

im on my own on this one huh" oh well thats how it goes sometimes

Comment

ugh. Its jobs like this that make me dream of a hot air rework station.. the smallest ic, ic1 is causing the short from 5v to ground. I removed it and the short to 5v is gone now.

so, where can i find one of those? heading to mouser or digikey now hopefully i can come up with something..

ok the numbers on the old one were: p42af
        74ac541

digikey came up with this:
        http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...ite=US&Lang=EN

should i go for it?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cadillacman; 04-30-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Looks like the right one.

Comment

thats what im thinking, and its a whopping 67 cents lol i think ill give it a go.
            i will have to wait untill the next time i put an order through. Would hate to pay $5-8 shipping for a part that costs less than a buck.

would be funny if this is all that was keeping a $300-400 tv from working.

Comment

I have the same set. I found corrosion under the ipm's on two z sus boards(the orgional and a used replacement) needless to say I never fixed the set. let us know how yours comes out. You might want to put your ic's part # in ebay's search engine and see what comes up
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cadillacman View Post
                thats what im thinking, and its a whopping 67 cents lol i think ill give it a go.
                i will have to wait untill the next time i put an order through. Would hate to pay $5-8 shipping for a part that costs less than a buck.

would be funny if this is all that was keeping a $300-400 tv from working.
                Agree, wait until you make up a larger order. However, specify USPS First Class Mail for shipping and shipping will cost under $3.00 with delivery in two days.

PlainBill
                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tvbob View Post
                  I have the same set. I found corrosion under the ipm's on two z sus boards(the orgional and a used replacement) needless to say I never fixed the set. let us know how yours comes out. You might want to put your ic's part # in ebay's search engine and see what comes up
                  man thats gnarly!at least they leave the bottom of the hybrid open so you can see the issue!( mine looks ok by the way and ohm tests no short)

i will definately update this thread as soon as i make progress on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X