Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio E70-C3 issue

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    sorry to write bad news.. you probably damaged the panel (screen ) when you take it apart... hopefully not.. but you can disconnect one ribbon cable between the T-CON and the panel at time and turn on see if you will have half screen displayed,

another possibility could happen... you damaged the ribbon cable as they are old enough and dried out easily to bracken the contact pins ( take them out and inspect them carefully with good light source and loop )
    Taking one ribbon cable out at a time changed nothing. I inspected the ends of both cables could not find any visual damage. They both seam fine as far as brittleness really don't appear to be dried out. So really only thing suspect I can find is the missing tcon voltage which is also missing on both sides of the tcon fuse.
    The high voltage caps I meantioned indeed have 376V on them when measuring across + - sides rather than common chassis ground.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      Your tcon-on should have about 3.4v on it to turn on tcon 12v to power t-con board. No wires where changed? Is that nc pin on power board indeed have no traces coming off of it?
      Removed the board so I could flip it over the NC with 3.4 volt has no trace going any where. Going further I traced the wire from PS board to Main Board and on that end there is a trace that goes to r4018 which in my experience mean a resistor but what's really strange is it looks like the adjacent lead VSNS looks to go to that same r4018... It would seam if that's a common connection it would have to be identical voltage. I guess r doesn't mean what I'm used to...or these traces are so small I'm not seeing what I think I am...
      Last edited by NOSValves; 02-24-2022, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        If you are referring to the long caps on hot side of board you have to reference your ground on neg. side of those caps. They should be around 390vdc.

You are correct measuring across the caps netted 376V

Comment

Originally posted by NOSValves View Post
          You are correct measuring across the caps netted 376V
          That voltage is a little low. I don't think it would cause your problem. You might try pulling wire off at tcon-on and apply about 3.4v to pin and see what happens.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by NOSValves View Post
            Removed the board so I could flip it over the NC with 3.4 volt has no trace going any where. Going further I traced the wire from PS board to Main Board and on that end there is a trace that goes to r4018 which in my experience mean a resistor but what's really strange is it looks like the adjacent lead VSNS looks to go to that same r4018... It would seam if that's a common connection it would have to be identical voltage. I guess r doesn't mean what I'm used to...or these traces are so small I'm not seeing what I think I am...
            R is resistor. You can always ohm them out to see if they are connected.
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

[QUOTE=dskall;1112229]That voltage is a little low. I don't think it would cause your problem. You might try pulling wire off at tcon-on and apply about 3.4v to pin and see what happens.[/QUOTE.

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl tomorrow. If I can just confirm the panel is okay the boards are pretty reasonable to purchase and real easy to install. I just hate to toss any more money at it without confirming that.

Comment

Working...
              X