Vizio E70-C3 Dark Corner Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E70-C3 Dark Corner Need Help

Hello. I have a Vizio E70-C3 LED TV I bought new in 2015. It has been great, until recently it has developed a dark area in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I tapped on the back of the unit a few months back and it went away, but has recently reappeared (and the tapping no longer corrects the issue). Of course it is out of warranty, so looking for tips/tricks to get it back up and running again. I'm new to this forum with no TV repair experience, but consider myself pretty handy.

I have attached a picture of the issue within. Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio E70-C3 Dark Corner Need Help

potential issue with a cable not seated properly in the bottom corner of the panel. the cable connects the bottom edge boards to the side edge boards. you need to disassemble the set to check. lots of post on this forum with discussions around these types of sets.... search to get more info on what you are looking at in terms of effort and process.

actually, i take it back, you lost some leds in the backlights. same advice, looks for threads on led replacement
    Last edited by budwich; 01-02-2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

That there is bad LED strips down on the bottom right hand corner . This main board controls all functions of operation of backlight control in turns off individual strips when not needed to achieve optimal black levels. In this format strips can be bad but still function without shutting down the whole TV. I would say those on the bottom are shot.

I'm working on a 60" version of that TV right now and only one strip work the rest were all out. These strips go from left or right hand to center line. There are 12 strips in all inside your T V6 on the left and 6 on the right the bottom 2 are out.

Of course that when you mentioned you were tapping on it it could also be a bad connection to the strips as well from the mainboard, i.e. a burnt pin on the cable connector. Really no way of knowing unless you open the TV up. And if it turns out to be a bad led strip you will have to remove the LCD panel to expose these strips quite a tedious process
      Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-02-2018, 11:33 AM.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

That's definitely failing led strips... Probably about 3 or 4. If there failing you might just as well buy a entire new set since the originals will probably continue failing. The hours it takes to replace LED strips you don't want to do it over and over in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X