Toshiba 42RV530U Won't Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba 42RV530U Won't Startup

I doubt you will find a firmware update, back then most firmware updates were issued for hdmi problems, so if there was no problem there was no update, not like today with the built in apps etc.

It does look like the missing POW_SIG from the main board is why the 24vin is not turning on
    Last edited by R_J; 02-07-2022, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      I doubt you will find a firmware update, back then most firmware updates were issued for hdmi problems, so if there was no problem there was no update, not like today with the built in apps etc.

It does look like the missing POW_SIG from the main board is why the 24vin is not turning on
      It looks that way. I'm almost tempted to jump 3v to POW_SIG to test it, but I'd rather just get the main board working (or replaced) so it can do it, along with any other important control logic it needs to do for TV turn-on.

Comment

Originally posted by rblack711 View Post
        It looks that way. I'm almost tempted to jump 3v to POW_SIG to test it, but I'd rather just get the main board working (or replaced) so it can do it, along with any other important control logic it needs to do for TV turn-on.
        If you are going to force the POW_SIG line high it would be best to remove the wire from the plug going to the main board. If the logic component on the main board is keeping the line low, forcing it high might damage the component.

Comment

Just to close the book on this one...

I bought a main board on Ebay for a good price, and the TV now works!. So not sure what is wrong with the old board (probably a $1 component went bad or f/w, etc.), but it's too bad nobody toubleshoots & repairs these old boards for a reasonable price anymore. I hate to shitcan it, but it is what it is.

Just wanted to thank everyone for helping me isolate the problem to the main board.

Comment

Working...
          X