Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Welcome to the Badcaps.net Tech Forum! > Announcements & Related News
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #22881
alain28

City & State: Bailleau-Armenonville
My Country: France
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone,

I had registered 2 years ago and never write here....
I am in electronic consumer and professional product repair.
I have been also in measuring instruments design for a long time.
Have a nice day.

Alain
alain28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:34 PM   #22882
lctrbrt

City & State: Potsdam, Brandenburg
My Country: Germany
Red face Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

A-Oh Electrotroubies 😬

At first I've to mention that this 'click HERE for a full outline of the site rules.' link in the PM isn't working but also I didn't research if this forum maybe has some issues with Safari so I can't tell who's to blame 🤷🏻😅

My electronics/technics/IT 'career' startet when my mom presented me a discarded C128D from her 'office' and shortly after that I also received my first electrical shock while digging around in that device when I had forgotten to disconnect it from main power but we've a saying here which should translate like this 'learning through pain'.

Since that time I came across many devices like arduinos and raspberry compatible boards, OpenWRT compatible routers and some modules like 3d printer controller which I used for a self build laser engraver.

ATM I work for a repair shop where we mainly assemble devices and do some software/recovery jobs but I'm absolutely interested in deeper repairs like mainboard troubleshooting and stuff.

I would not call my self a professional solderer but I would say I solder most parts with a reasonable result. Also I mostly understand the data sheets for given parts/IC's and have medium skills in schematic reading and how to use google

Unfortunately I've some problems with my attention-span and if I get bored or I get annoyed I tend to put things aside and devote myself another matter.
This is also because I don't know nobody who really can help me out if I have questions because my micro circle of acquaintances has other (trivial) areas of interest🙄

That why I'm here so lets see whats going on 🙋🏻
lctrbrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:52 AM   #22883
mahathev

City & State: Seremban
My Country: Malaysia

I am Mahathev 69 yrs old Male from Malaysia. Retired Police Officer with DIY interests in Electronics repair and projects! Hi Topcat thanks for yr welcome message! Right now, fixing a 32 inch Philips TV PFL3409S/98 red monitor light always on with no 24 volt present ( 3.3 standby voltage present) using IC FSQ510. That's how I dropped into this forum, Very good tips by Plain Bill. I can't find a schematic/service manual. Willing to learn something new everyday!
mahathev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #22884
unilock

City & State: Tega Cay, SC
My Country: USA

Hey folks. My name is unilock, borne from earth and flame. Honestly I'm just here for schematics, praying for the day when our right to repair is emblazoned in law.
unilock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:13 PM   #22885
paxelpete

City & State: Alexandria
My Country: United States

Hi everyone, Pete here, looking for some advice on troubleshooting and fixing a Samsung 46" TV that was gifted to me by the previous owner when I bought a new house a few months back. Seems like a useful thing to do being stuck inside for a while, thanks in advance for the help.
paxelpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:55 PM   #22886
Gorpis

City & State: Wayne

Hi, I'm Andy from PA, I am interested in learning more about repairing common household electronics and devices. I hate to buy something new when I know I can repair it!
Gorpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #22887
scarabson

City & State: Los Angeles, CA

Hello, I'm Alex from Los Angeles. I am trying to fix a BIOS bricked Razer Blade and I'm hoping someone here can provide me with the right firmware version for my motherboard. Thanks!
scarabson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:14 PM   #22888
MOHACALBER

City & State: france
My Country: france

Helllooooooooo everyoneeeeeeee
MOHACALBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:27 AM   #22889
N0f3ar

City & State: Varna
My Country: Bulgaria

hi, My name is Svetoslav from Bulgaria .
i am here searching for knowledge
N0f3ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:22 AM   #22890
misterflamenco

City & State: Versailles
My Country: France

Hello I'm Matt from France,
Like you here to learn.
Student in IT
glad to see we all come fromeverywhere
misterflamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #22891
garretts228

City & State: Gulfport

Fixed a KDL-52S4100 because of the people here. Just made an account to thank the original pioneers that figured the problem out with this TV
garretts228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #22892
sale976

City & State: Indjija
My Country: Srbija

Hi every one,
I am Aeeksandar from Serbia, I found this forum because i need help about my bios for medion erazer laptop.
sale976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #22893
leonh78

City & State: Torreon, Coahuila
My Country: Mexico

Hi everybodie, My name is Leon Hernandez, I'm an electronic engineer, and I have been in the control and data adcquisition field for more than 30 years. I live in the city of Torreon in the Coahuila State of Mexico.

I usually help my Friends repairing their computers and other appliances, so eventually I look for some information to face the problems I find during the repairing process.

I'm very glad I've found this forum, the information I've found is very valuable and I hope I could be of help to some of the members and share information and my knolwdge with you, and have some fun at the same time.

See you around.
leonh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:05 AM   #22894
zemog

City & State: Malaga
My Country: España

Hello everyone!
Thank you for accepting and allowing me to participate in this forum.
For years, I have been dedicated to laptop and electronics repairs in general, although many times the lack of time and practice causes a lot of knowledge to be lost.
I have decided to register to participate and be able to help whoever needs it, and on the way, also be able to post for when I need help.
By default my language is Spanish, but in publications, by custom and with the help of a translator, I usually publish in English and Spanish.
Greetings to everyone

Hola a [email protected]!
Gracias por aceptarme y permitir, el poder participar en éste foro.
Desde hace años, me dedico a reparaciones de portatiles y electrónica en general, aunque muchas veces la falta de tiempo y práctica hace que muchos conocimientos se pierdan.
He decido registrarme para participar y poder ayudar a quien lo necesite, y de camino, también poder postear para cuando necesite ayuda.
Por defecto mi idioma es español, pero en las publicaciones, por costumbre y con ayuda de un traductor, suelo publicar en ingles y español.
Saludos a [email protected]
zemog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:41 AM   #22895
bradberry

City & State: Hockley, TX
Talking Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm Brad. I became interested in electronics at a real young age (10-12yrs old), and that continued until I joined the USN in 1973 and became an intermediate service tech onboard the USS JFK, for the airborne radar system that sat in the nose of the Vought A7 Corsair attack aircraft. After 1 tour, I left the Navy, but continued working for DOD as a civilian at McClellan AFB in Sacramento. I became more interested in the software side and jumped into it when the opportunity presented itself.

So I retired after about 25 yrs as a software developer and now have been going over and trying to regain some of my hardware skills to recap & repair 5 dead vintage Infinity Servo controlled Subwoofers. All of them are between 27-32 years old so all the electrolytics need to be replaced, even in the functioning Subs I have. I have made an effort to find the highest quality audio Caps for the 2 Infinity SSW-212's (Elna Silmic's, Nichicon Super Through filters,...) but have had to resort to buying some NP's with unfamiliar brands. The bad caps list along with forum posts here, will help me avoid installing crap caps in my subs.
bradberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #22896
Kwoltz

City & State: Kearney,NE

Hello all, my name is Kenny!

Just here looking to get some troubleshooting tips for 9 year old 55” Samsung that I love! It recently stopped powering on. ☹️ Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone!

Cheers!
Kwoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #22897
satyasrikanth

City & State: San Antonio
Default My 4 year old samsung un50ku6300fxza tv is stuck on boot loop at smart tv screen

Hi, Team thanks in advance.

My samsung UN50KU6300FXZA is stuck on boot loop at smart tv screen. Tred plugging in different power sources but still no luck.
ordered new motherboard for audio and video from shopjimmy and swapped it. but still the problem persists.

Need your guidance in fixing it.

this tv used to work like a champ until a week ago but It started having issues when I plugged it into a power socket extender along with ps4,ps3 and a sony soundbar,chromecast and my wifi router.

I know it's a mistake to plug in too many devices into one socket.
but please need your advice to fix this TV.
satyasrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #22898
Luigid

City & State: Italy
My Country: Italy

hi guys, i'm luigi.
I write from italy. I am 24 years old , i design industrial automation lines for car manufacturers on the electric side.
Luigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:23 PM   #22899
yoi55

City & State: Slippery Rock, PA

Hello! Just recently got a soldering iron that works, so realized that I CAN solder! Successfully done a number of capacitors so far, looking forward to more fixes!
yoi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:56 PM   #22900
ct760ster

City & State: NY

Hello from a fellow DIY guy trying to hack his way through technology from internet forum post alone
ct760ster is offline   Reply With Quote