X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any way to remove minor scratches on TV LCD screen

?

Re: is there any way to remove minor scratches on TV LCD screen

Lots of old dodges like Beeswax and Oil,--Think covering scratches on higly polished wood surfaces.....

Maybe Brasso will polish it out--But will also make for a shiny area rather than the matte surface of usual LCD....
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Leave the scratches alone I had one I scratched on a 50 samsung brasso just removes the black mat finish ang looks crap just leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
        Leave the scratches alone I had one I scratched on a 50 samsung brasso just removes the black mat finish ang looks crap just leave it alone.
        Agree. I wouldn't mess with it.
        LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Try a clean pencil eraser. It works better than you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
            Try a clean pencil eraser. It works better than you'd think.
            Yes ive done this on a laptop led screen recently too took a while as was a deep scratch but has removed a good 90% of it

Comment

Toothpaste can help buff some scratches out. Any buffing compound ok for plastic finishes should work too.

Comment

I wonder, how those windshield damages are filled, with that special glue, it wouldn't work on an LCD screen as well?

Comment

Matt a few years ago we had those machines who could buff a CD with some plactic material, it would remove the scratches from the surface of a CD. You could simply get that machine, it has a very fast rotating motor on which some plastic material is connected. Once it comes in contact with the surface you want to remove scratches from, it fills those scratches up with plastic. I'm not sure if we can find those easily today though.
                  electronic assembly

Comment

You can remove the scratch but its going to remove the matte surface layer too using any rubbing compound.

Comment

I use 91% isopropyl alcohol with a cue tip and rub straight along the scratch since i get
                      tv's from a recyling place most have some scratches but i have had good luck with this technique if you try this, test on a small spot and if it makes things worse then do not
                      do the rest of the scratches with this technique but for almost every tv i have worked
                      on this has worked great for me

Comment

There was silicone heatsink compound (clear), instead of the newer white stuff, made by GC electronics, it works well. You just smear it in the scratch with your finger, then buff off the rest along the scratch with a microfiber cloth. It was like Vaseline (petro jelly), not sure if that the Vaseline would work, as it's a petro product, and might react to the plastic, but the GC silicone heat sink compound worked like magic when we used it. one thing, it never sets, so you periodically might have to reapply if you clean the rest of the screen, but we were shocked how well it worked. The scratches literally disappeared. You could try the Vaseline on a junk screen and see if it does the same thing, and not eat the plastic if you can't locate any GC Electronics clear heat sink compound

Comment

BTW, this tip came from another tech, he said he read it on some forum but we just happened to have some of that clear stuff in stock. I can't remember what forum or who he got the tip from, sorry to whoever originally discovered this.

Comment

Working...
                          X