Socket 775 pin repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Socket 775 pin repair

I have 2 Abit boards with socket 775 pin problems.

The first, ABIT I-45CV, has pins 12 and 13 in the 7th row, pushed in so far that the top is visible but no way of pulling them back out. I count the top of the socket as the side above the 2 cutouts for mounting the CPU. This was working, but in attempting to switch out the CPU, the Cpu flipped over and lifted a pin so it protruded above the socket. I pushed the pin in, replaced the CPU and tried to boot. Board powers up, but no boot.. When I removed the CPU this time, the pins were submerged.

The other voard is an Abit IP-35 PRO. This one has the 4th pin from the left in the second row pushed in. This one starts uo, shuts down, starts up again over and over after powering on.

Short of scrapping the boards, is there a solution?

Re: Socket 775 pin repair

You can buy replacement sockets.
    Depends on your tools/skillset.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeark View Post
      I have 2 Abit boards with socket 775 pin problems.

The first, ABIT I-45CV, has pins 12 and 13 in the 7th row, pushed in so far that the top is visible but no way of pulling them back out. I count the top of the socket as the side above the 2 cutouts for mounting the CPU. This was working, but in attempting to switch out the CPU, the Cpu flipped over and lifted a pin so it protruded above the socket. I pushed the pin in, replaced the CPU and tried to boot. Board powers up, but no boot.. When I removed the CPU this time, the pins were submerged.

The other voard is an Abit IP-35 PRO. This one has the 4th pin from the left in the second row pushed in. This one starts uo, shuts down, starts up again over and over after powering on.

Short of scrapping the boards, is there a solution?
      Try using some VEEEERY fine tweezers and try picking the pin on the IP-35 Pro.

Speaking of which, I do have one as well, but never got it to work, always POST code 8.4.
      Main rig:
      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
      Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
      16GB DDR3-1600
      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
      FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
      120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
      Delux MG760 case

Comment

^ I've done this before with success on a supermicro PDSGE (Netburst Socket 775). One land was broken, and as a result my CPU was reported as an extreme edition, but the others worked good enough to run (until a heatsink mod failed and fried the northbridge, doh!). Not easy, but worth a try if you're careful. It's already dead, so what do you have to lose?
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

If you can get the pin standing proud (enough), then you can cut a strip of clear plastic about an inch long from a produce container and then kinda slot one edge of it along the pins and gently comb the pins, first in one direction and then 90 degrees to the first direction, gently and paying attention to what the pins are doing (easier to do with a magnifing glass).

Comment

Originally posted by xelectech View Post
            If you can get the pin standing proud (enough), then you can cut a strip of clear plastic about an inch long from a produce container and then kinda slot one edge of it along the pins and gently comb the pins, first in one direction and then 90 degrees to the first direction, gently and paying attention to what the pins are doing (easier to do with a magnifing glass).

nice idea

Comment

Try this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhOYEQ65a94
              http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

you can raise all socket pin
                and move on all socket by gift again

Comment

Working...